Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My 04 foreman rubicon has been giving me a crap ton of problems and I’m at a loss of what’s the problem. I’m aware that code 05 is with the angle sensor. I’ve at this point bought 3 angle sensors, and preloaded them each, and reset the computer each time with no difference, my symptoms are weird. It’s works perfectly fine shift into each different mode (D1, D2, and ESP), and it goes fine in reverse without being in limp mode, but when I ride my rubicon, up until 3rd/4th gear or so, I’ll get the D1 D2 ESP - - flashing but then I shut the atv off, start it back up and it’ll be fine again. I’ve also gone through a speed sensor but still no difference, I’ve disconnected the battery for a good 30 minutes at a time and tried resetting again but still no difference. I’m at a dead end at this point. Any suggestions or solutions to my symptoms? If so please list them and thanks for reading

·
Registered
178 Posts
The code 5 on Rubicons is related to the angle sensor system but also includes the control motor. The sensor tells the computer what "gear" the transmission is in but the motor is what actually does the shifting. If the motor is getting worn out it may be causing this issue. When it stops working (seizes up for example) the engine can rev up ok but it won't go that fast since it will be stuck in one gear - the gauge will flash constantly if this happens I've noticed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts