Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! First post and first time working on my atv on my own :)

I am having a fuel and carb issue. Backstory..
Got the atv with an old cheap carb. Get it home and run up and down the road a couple times, and it dies out. Opened her up and there was gas flooded into the airbox and was missing the entire air filter housing. After getting screwed by a repair shop, I decided to try on my own... Here's where I am at and what I have worked on so far..
  • New air filter housing
  • New carb
  • New fuel line
  • New fuel tank screen (it didn't have one previously)
  • The choke line is cut. Just noticed today so I haven't replaced it yet.
I can't keep it running. At first it would start and idle very high and fast. I adjusted the throttle screw and it seemed to work for about 20 mins. Adjusted again and nothing. I can't get it to start. Pushing out a bit of black smoke when trying to start with popping sounds.
I am really enjoying working on it own my own so I'd like to get it running without a shop if I can. Any ideas? Maybe an air/fuel ratio? I would greatly appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved!
I finally got her running! So much old gunk in lines and tank, it had to run through. Clogged up the new carb. Broke it all down and cleaned it today.
Cranked up right away and hasn't sounded better since I purchased it! Rode for about 45mins and so far so good!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts