Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know an easy way to add brake lights to my 03 Foreman? I have already ordered the brake switches (the switch that will activate the brake lights), but I'm trying to figure out the bulb end. I have found one article about this conversion and it looks like it will work and it very descriptive. It entails cutting the end of a 3157 bulb and soldering in diodes and J B Welding the bulb into the lens and I just think there has to be a better way. I thought that maybe a Rincon's (which has brake lights) brake/tail light socket might fit into a 03 foreman's lens. I don't know anyone with information on this please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I just added a third high mount LED brake /tail light and wired it to the Honda switches I ordered from the dealer. Very easy to do and the LED's are extremely bright. The light is clear in the pic but the LED's are red when lit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I thought about that, I'd just rather have kinda of a stock look. Know what I mean? Also most of the third light options are on some sort of rear rack mounted box and I really don't want one of those either.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I mounted the light to the rack so that it would still be there when I remove the box for hunting trips. But I know what you mean about keeping the look stock. When I ordered the switches for mine they were listed as a part for bikes in Maine. This led me to believe that brake lights were a requirement in that state. If that's the case you might be able to get a stock taillight assembly for an 03 bike that includes a brakelight as part of a spec to be sold in Maine. Check with your dealers parts dept or even online with a dealer in Maine. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'll check into that. I'm just wondering if the Rincon or Racher that have brake lights have the same bulb socket as the Foreman. I just can't seem to find anyone that can give me a yes or no.

Thanks

·
Registered
560 Posts
Don't know for sure but I doubt the sockets would be the same because a light with both running and brake lights would need a socket for a double contact bulb. Check at the parts counter to see what bulbs are listed for each bike. If the bulbs are different , the sockets are too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks WVForeman. That is the link I had and I have made the conversion and the brake lights work great. What part of WV are you from? Me and some friends are going down to Hatfield McCoy on the 13.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.