Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive got an 02 foreman rubicon 500 with the hondamatic and electric shift. Im not getting any spark, its not showing the gear position on the dash, its got the dashes displayed instead and theyre not flashing. The neutral light is on and itll crank over but i cant turn the front wheels so it cant actually be in neutral. The ecu feels hot after leaving the key on for a while. I tried to get error codes and it wont flash. Sounds to me like maybe a sensor of some kind or a computer issue but if you cant tell im not exactly an expert with these things. Anybody know what could be causing this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So ive got an 02 foreman rubicon 500 with the hondamatic and electric shift. Im not getting any spark, its not showing the gear position on the dash, its got the dashes displayed instead and theyre not flashing. The neutral light is on and itll crank over but i cant turn the front wheels so it cant actually be in neutral. The ecu feels hot after leaving the key on for a while. I tried to get error codes and it wont flash. Sounds to me like maybe a sensor of some kind or a computer issue but if you cant tell im not exactly an expert with these things. Anybody know what could be causing this?
it's the sensor on the carburetor..mine did same thing ..make sure you buy one from honda I bought one off line thinking I'd covered that ave ..found out it didn't jive with the computer...bought one from honda ...gear selector came back .fires right up
mine is also 2002 rubi 500

·
Registered
3 Posts
it's the sensor on the carburetor..mine did same thing ..make sure you buy one from honda I bought one off line thinking I'd covered that ave ..found out it didn't jive with the computer...bought one from honda ...gear selector came back .fires right up
mine is also 2002 rubi 500
btw mine wasn't getting fire to plug either evidently if that sensor is not working it kills the fire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts