Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the D1, D2, and ESP flashing , I talked to the dealer where I bought my 01 new, this is the 1st issues with this since new and I have called to dealers and not much help other then bring it in and we will check it out! Not at $94.00 an hour. I can do the ad the parts to it tell the problem goes away a lot cheaper. I have replaced the ECM, Shift motor, and the Angle sensor like the dealer said that Honda said to do. Got everything working the way it was suppose to. Took it for a test drive and when I got to 11mph the problem came back, slow and sputters in Rev. Did the OHM test on the Angle sen. and tested the shift motor off the trans plugged into the harness and it all worked and checked out good like the book said. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like you have a failed Hondamatic transmission, pretty common on the first generation Rubicons.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does it change into Forward & Rev, Neutral and Low ok? And will it go thru the gears ok in ESP?
It goes into gear but is in code flashes and doesn't show what gear you are in and spits and sputters in rev. I can clear the codes and in ESP has soon has I get into 3 rd gear it goes back into fault

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does it change into Forward & Rev, Neutral and Low ok? And will it go thru the gears ok in ESP?
No stays in I think 3rd gear I just ordered another shift motor to see if the one I have is bad . When I test the motor plugged into the harness and go through the new part seq. that the manual says to do I half to turn the shaft just a hair to get it to spin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts