Honda Foreman Forums banner

How many Alabama riders are in here?

16K views 50 replies 34 participants last post by  Smurf82 
#1 ·
Hey i am new to this site and was wondering how many people on this site are from alabama. I am just south of Birmingham. So if there are any guys here from AL i could always use another place to ride.

#5 ·
I live in Northwest, Alabama close to muscle shoals. If your looking for a good place to ride you need to try Wilborns atv trails in Hanceville. Ive been a few times and it is a great place to ride. They have buggy hill climbs, mud bogs, and all kind of cool stuff. Im not sure how many acres it is but its a lot. I think the next big ride is supposed to be March 14th. Thats when the buggys and all the cool stuff will be there. And very nice people that run it.

#9 ·
Riverside here, 35 miles east of Birmingham, just off I-20. I rode Manooka last saturday. Near here we have Coosa River Annex (Brecon) at Talladega. This is an old army base, approx. 2800 acres. A great place to ride, all types of terrain, no rules and it's free. Also a good place is Kentuck at Oxford, just south of I-20. This is a really good place to ride. It's in Talladega National Forest. Trails are approximately 27 miles and made for 4 wheelers. A few rules but a fun and beautiful ride for only $5. They are open April-December the best I remember. You can Google Cheaha Trail Riders for info. on both of these places.

You say you are from Jemison, do you know Jim Ellison? Probably in his mid to late 60's by now.

#10 ·
QUOTE (Mitchell @ Feb 28 2009, 05:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=122590
Riverside here, 35 miles east of Birmingham, just off I-20. I rode Manooka last saturday. Near here we have Coosa River Annex (Brecon) at Talladega. This is an old army base, approx. 2800 acres. A great place to ride, all types of terrain, no rules and it's free. Also a good place is Kentuck at Oxford, just south of I-20. This is a really good place to ride. It's in Talladega National Forest. Trails are approximately 27 miles and made for 4 wheelers. A few rules but a fun and beautiful ride for only $5. They are open April-December the best I remember. You can Google Cheaha Trail Riders for info. on both of these places.

You say you are from Jemison, do you know Jim Ellison? Probably in his mid to late 60's by now.

I live in Jacksonville.. I really enjoy riding at Brecon. Did you hear about the plans for the place??

http://www.dailyhome.com/news/2009/dh-tall...r-9a30v5432.htm

#31 ·
saw your location as new market,you ever go to hale mountain?

#13 ·
Southside here, just outside of Gadsden. Just got my ATV a few weeks ago. Mainly have been riding the local power lines but I have went to Kentuck in Oxford and it is great. I'm going to windrock in TN at the end of Dec. Have heard it is real nice and cant wait. Here is a good site to find ATV trails in Alabama.

http://www.atvtrails.org/Trailsx.html

#14 ·
QUOTE (mlight68 @ Dec 7 2009, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=139966
Southside here, just outside of Gadsden. Just got my ATV a few weeks ago. Mainly have been riding the local power lines but I have went to Kentuck in Oxford and it is great. I'm going to windrock in TN at the end of Dec. Have heard it is real nice and cant wait. Here is a good site to find ATV trails in Alabama.

http://www.atvtrails.org/Trailsx.html
well during the week i live in tuscaloosa for college but on the weekends im in jemison, al

#20 ·
#22 ·
NEW ATV Club in Alabama

FACTR

(Fellowship of ATV Christian Trail Riders)

FACTR, an off road club based in Etowah County, Alabama is looking for founding members to help get our group off the ground.

FACTR’s mission is to aid in the location, creation, preservation, and maintenance of family friendly ATV recreational riding areas and events in the Northern Alabama and surrounding areas.

What does family friendly mean? Family friendly riding areas and events are those places where families, friends and members can participate together in a Christian atmosphere. ATV riding with friends, family or other FACTR members are good examples. Couple these with an overnight camping and you have a fun and family
friendly event. This is what FACTR is all about. Finding new ways to enjoy ATV’ing.

Some features and benefits of membership include:
• Information on places to ride
• You can plan rides, coordinate rides, join rides or just find someone to ride with.
• We will maintain links to other useful ATV resources (manufacturers, accessories, reviews, etc…) which will be sent out to our members via email. We hope to have our very own web site soon.
• Benefit rides, Adopt a Family etc…….
• Wealth of knowledge from other members
• Information on riding area rules, regulations and
state registration requirements
• ATV’s, UTV’s and Dirt Bikes only. Anything bigger limits our places we can ride.
•And best of all …membership is completely free

FACTR is also looking for new places for its members to ride and a location to establish as the clubs permanent home. Working together we can achieve our goal.

Contact us @ factratvclub@hotmail.com

#25 ·
For all who want to attend, the FACTR ATV club has planned a ride at KENTUCK OHV TRAILS/TALLADEGA NATIONAL FOREST, ALABAMA.

We will meet at 8:30 am at Jacks in Alexandria at the corner of Hwy 431 and 144. After we arrive and a Brief meeting we will try to be riding between 0930-1000 hrs. Break around 1:00 pm for lunch then ride until. (TBD) We really hope everyone that can will ride. You can contact us at factratvclub@hotmail.com or check us out on Facebook under FACTR.

#28 ·
Hey Im from northwest alabama just north of Florence, i have some family in the hancevill, cullman area the wilborns sounds like something we might have to check out .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.