2017 Rubicon 500 Vent Line Setup - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
jk1
Honda Rider

Lightbulb 2017 Rubicon 500 Vent Line Setup

Hi all,

Saw mud puppy's video about relocating vent lines, and thought it would be a good idea to do this myself since i go in deep water quite a bit. I though i would use a different approach though, i'm not crazy about having them in the headlight pod. What i did was tap into the crankcase vent line, that goes into the airbox, put a tee fitting off of that into a small manifold that creates four other barb fittings to go off of, then run hoses to both diffs, the gas tank vent, and radiator fan vent. Then run a standalone vent from the coolant overflow tank into a higher location, since i dont wan't any coolant to wind up in my crankcase/diffs. I don't see it being necessary to run the water pump one higher since technically if water does get up there it wouldnt have anywhere to go and would just find its way back out, but i might be wrong? Any input on the subject would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	file-16.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	41895  

Last edited by jk1; 08-28-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: add photo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 01:53 AM
Honda Rider

Interesting thought and concept. Look forward to seeing you reply later with how it works. You might also check out the crankcase breather mod by proj alex on youtube. Link to video. https://youtu.be/bblVfp9qlrE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page