2019 Rubicon 500 issues - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Hey folks, I've been looking into my issue on a few forums with zero luck so I figured I'd post here and see what you guys think.

I'll start with machine details. 2019 rubicon 500 deluxe with 165 kms on it. We went riding a few weeks ago and the trail had flooded, long story short I hydrolocked the quad. I pulled the plug and removed the water from the cylinder and got it running again, loaded on the truck and it's been sitting in my shop while I was away for work.

Yesterday I did multiple flushes until the oil coming out was clean. I put everything back together and fired the quad back up. It was misfiring pretty badly I checked spark and it is good. fearing I had bent a valve I pulled the head and valves and inspected them. Everything is straight so I reassembled the top end with a new plug. I fired the unit up and the misfire is still there in neutral but it goes away in drive and reverse and sounds as it did before the incident.

After testing a few times I recieved a code "23" on the HUD which is an o2 fault to my understanding. I pulled the o2 out and it looks fine but I'm not sure if maybe some water got into and wrecked it. I have read a few different places that the o2 sensors are a pretty common issue.

I know the o2 would control timing and afr but I cant see how within the 2kms it rode back to the truck it would have been off enough to cause this misfire as it wasn't doing it on the way to the truck that day. I could very well be wrong there though and was wondering if anyone had any input on my situation. Thanks in advance

Last edited by AlexInnis; 08-16-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 07:21 PM
Honda Red Wing Rider

Did you check for water in the connection? all connections should be checked and cleaned as needed then ad dielectric grease to every connection before you connect them. Not sure why Honda doesn't call for this. My dealer does it to all his machines to save the electrical headaches later. good luck man.

2006 Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition.
1 1/2 inch Quadrax lift
26" Mudlites
Motovan B series back seat
2500# warn
1000's of custom scratches
100's of dings n dents
50+ plastic stitches
and a few oil changes.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Yes, I have all the plastics off the quad right now so I've unplugged everything and added die electric. I am leaning towards the o2 sensor at this time but don't want to fire parts at it until I have a chance to dig a little deeper

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 02:15 AM
Honda Rider

Any luck finding the issue?
I'd check the battery and fuses they can cause strange things to happen. That code could also be an angle sensor issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page