Considering new Rubicon - Page 4 - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
Honda Addict

Ahhhh, good to see some humor come out of this thread. Come on guys, we all have our opinions so let's speak them but not preach them..................now about them honda cars you're driving there jeep, come on brother......... get a dadgum Silverado, there for a lifetime!

2007 Foreman 500FM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Honda Rider

Rubican 2018

So my new Rubicon Deluxe Is junk? I could have bought any of the quads out there(I did not care about the price And I paid cash) but chose Honda because of their reputation I own a few Honda made toys and They all work find . I am going to ride my Rubicon to death In A year or two I`ll come back to this posting and tell how well it went.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
Honda Red Wing Rider

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
Ahhhh, good to see some humor come out of this thread. Come on guys, we all have our opinions so let's speak them but not preach them..................now about them honda cars you're driving there jeep, come on brother......... get a dadgum Silverado, there for a lifetime!
I have two 85 CJ-7's, an 83 GMC Sierra, and a 94 Accord. The Accord gets driven to and from work. Truck is used for hauling. One Jeep is a soft-top and is a town cruiser. The other Jeep has a hard top and lockers and is a hunting rig.

On the Accord I currently have 275K trouble free miles, still gets 30MPG, doesn't use or leak a drop of oil. I had a 93 Accord I got new when I was 18, went 360K with that one without nothing other than timing belts, oil changes, brakes and tires. Only reason I sold it was because Dad offered me his 94 with 60K on it because it got too hard for him to get in and out of it because it sits so low to the ground. I fully expect to keep it for at least a half million miles. Wife has a 2019 Lexus GX and we kept her old 2011 Mazda 6 for the eldest kid to drive when she turns 16 late this year.

Dad has an 85 Scrambler and a 95 GMC Sierra, and he's 80 so probably won't be driving much longer.

Point being, I'm a "specific vehicle for a specific purpose" type of guy.

2009 Foreman 500FM Green
27" Execs on Rubicon rims, Perfex
Heated grips and Thumb , HID's
5K Viper Max winch

2009 Foreman 500FM Green
Perfex with HL springs
27" Mudbugs on Rubicon rims
Heated Grips and Thumb, HID's
4K Viper Max winch

2006 Foreman 500FM Green
28" Mugbugs, stretched, Perfex, HLsprings
3K Superwinch winch

2009 475 Rancher AT Tan
26" Mudbugs on Rincon rims
Warn winch. Foreman pod light with HID, SRA gear reduction

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Honda Red Wing Rider

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYDZL View Post
Easy there partner, no ones claiming to know everything, we re sharing information here. You dont even own a new Honda, nor do you have any experience working with them, so Im confused as to why you'd chime in on this in the first place?

People like me have reported problems on this forum, search the forums, but keep in mind not everyone who owns one of the NEW honda signs up on this site.

Im already into my machine for a weisco piston and a benson cylinder sleeve, so trading it in aint happening,its fairly reliable now, wouldnt buy another one though.

Id consider a NEW Polaris, they are afterall #1 in the USA for ATV sales, and Im sure its not because they'll just "finance anyone with a heart beat".

Id admire you keeping the dream alive, Honda would be proud if they read these forums.
My wife's 09 DCT Rancher is practically the same engine they are putting in the new machines, so are you claiming a decline in build quality or design flaws?

You obviously got a lemon, and your Honda dealer obviously sucks, but you are the exception, not the norm.

2009 Foreman 500FM Green
27" Execs on Rubicon rims, Perfex
Heated grips and Thumb , HID's
5K Viper Max winch

2009 Foreman 500FM Green
Perfex with HL springs
27" Mudbugs on Rubicon rims
Heated Grips and Thumb, HID's
4K Viper Max winch

2006 Foreman 500FM Green
28" Mugbugs, stretched, Perfex, HLsprings
3K Superwinch winch

2009 475 Rancher AT Tan
26" Mudbugs on Rincon rims
Warn winch. Foreman pod light with HID, SRA gear reduction
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old Today, 07:37 AM
Honda Rider

2018 Rubicon owner here; nice machine. Obviously not enough time on it to talk longevity but very pleased to date. Wife has a 2009 rancher thatís still running like a champ.

Donít have near the ATV experience as many here but have an extensive background in aviation maintenance. Having said that, I find the rubicon to be well engineered and a solid machine for its intended design/use.

Honda Rubicon TRX500/FA6
27" Zillas on STI HD7
Aluminum Skid Plates
Heated Grips/Throttle
PowerMadd Hand Guards w/mirrors
3k Viper Elite
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old Today, 07:56 AM
Honda Addict

I know they're good Jeep, just giving you a hard time cause you're a good dude.....dem 4 cylinders can run twice as long because they only go half as fast. ..............anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread, back to Rubicons if you don't need to school me anymore about those dang imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwm69 View Post
I have two 85 CJ-7's, an 83 GMC Sierra, and a 94 Accord. The Accord gets driven to and from work. Truck is used for hauling. One Jeep is a soft-top and is a town cruiser. The other Jeep has a hard top and lockers and is a hunting rig.

On the Accord I currently have 275K trouble free miles, still gets 30MPG, doesn't use or leak a drop of oil. I had a 93 Accord I got new when I was 18, went 360K with that one without nothing other than timing belts, oil changes, brakes and tires. Only reason I sold it was because Dad offered me his 94 with 60K on it because it got too hard for him to get in and out of it because it sits so low to the ground. I fully expect to keep it for at least a half million miles. Wife has a 2019 Lexus GX and we kept her old 2011 Mazda 6 for the eldest kid to drive when she turns 16 late this year.

Dad has an 85 Scrambler and a 95 GMC Sierra, and he's 80 so probably won't be driving much longer.

Point being, I'm a "specific vehicle for a specific purpose" type of guy.

2007 Foreman 500FM
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old Today, 09:23 AM
Honda Rider

I think what some are claiming as a cheapening of Honda internal parts, is a lack of understanding what design changes take place when you go from an air-cooled 4stroke to a liquid-cooled 4stroke. There are larger tolerances in the air cooled, more expansion/contraction to deal with. The liquid cooled has tighter tolerances, less expansion/contraction. You donít need the mass, when dealing with a narrower temperature, operating range. Comparing the two engines is apples to oranges...

2008 420 Rancher manual shift. Rubicon alum wheels & tires (old style). RT 2500 Warn winch.
2015 500 Rubicon-manual shift, 3500SR Terra Superwinch. Strong made receiver hitch.
2018 Foreman, manual shift, Warn provantage 2500-S, KFI mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in