Honda Foreman Forums banner

06 rubicon 500 GPS gear reduction?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Wheeler 
#1 ·
Hey everyone looking for a gear reduction for my 06 rubicon 500. Wondering if the foreman 500 gear reduction is the same and if I can use it or how do I go about changing it out. I want to run 27" tires and not worry about wrecking the machine more than the previous owner has.... on rebuilding it.

#2 ·
Gear reductions are different from the foreman and are very hard to find for a Rubicon (no demand). There is a 7% reduction swapping in some other OEM gears but that's a lot of work for very little gain, unless the motor is apart already.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Gear reductions are different from the foreman and are very hard to find for a Rubicon (no demand). There is a 7% reduction swapping in some other OEM gears but that's a lot of work for very little gain, unless the motor is apart already.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Hey man i know this is a little old... i have to rip apart the transmission in the hondamatic. Was hoping you knew what to switch out while i have it open to do the 7% reduction.. it would help with the outlaws and the gumbo mud we have here in Saskatchewan. Any other info you have for diff gear changes or swing arm swaps would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.