Upgrading tires Honda rancher - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Upgrading tires Honda rancher

Greetings, I'm in need of matching tires on my Honda rancher. 25s on the front match but the back is 26x10-12 that leaks and 25x11-12. They all have 30% life left.
So.. I came across a great deal on used tires and rims.
Backs are 27-12x12 vampire 70-80% life
Fronts are 27-10x12 mudwisers 90% life
Mounted on stock king quad rims
Bolt pattern is 4x110
$150 OBO
Question #1 is can I go up to 27s on a 2002 rancher??
If not I have a Honda foreman that if they will work fine I can upgrade that and put those old tires on the rancher.
Question 2#, will going up that high, 25s to 27s hurt anything on either a rancher or foreman? Mostly running around 10 acres and eventually trail riding.

2002 Rancher 350 es 4x4
2003 Foreman 450 es 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Honda Red Wing Rider

First off, I am guessing this is a 4x4 rancher and not a 2 wheel drive model , correct??
if so, you should NOT be running tires of different heights to the front and reatr, your asking for drive line problems and or damage!, they need to be of the same Diameter from and back for the 4x4 system to work properly, and not causing binding in things, taller tires turn less revolutions than do smaller one's
so your front and rear drive train will not be turning at same speed and will cause binding, and breaking of parts IF tires do NOT slip first!>
SO??
next
IMO< going to any tire taller than a 26 on a rancher is asking way too much from your rancher, there geared higher, and don't have the HP to handle large heavier tires,
so, I would not put 27 's under one odds are you will NOT be happy with the power the atv has afterwards, and might get stuck more often due to not having power to spin and self clean a tire!, plus you can damage drive train having heavier tires, more traction at time son them and, making motor work a LOT harder all the time to move them!

NOW< your FOREMAN, what model is this , a 300-400-450,500???
then what yr??
they made a bunch of Foreman's over the yrs, so NOT knowing what yr and model it is EXACTLY< its hard for us to give you correct info or help!

when you add larger tires, you alter stock gearing, when you think most honda 4x4 atv's have less than 30 HP to start with,, HOW Much HP do you want to loose and still be happy
do you FEEL: your current set up, it has too much HP??
Odds are NO< is the answer, so then it comes down to a PERSONAL answer on HOW much power YOUR willing to loose to have larger tires!
every inch of taller tire , gets you a 1/2 inch of ground clearance ONLY, so, how much power loss is a little more ground clearance worth too??

and again, these are personal questions ONLY you can answer, as what I feel is too much a power loss, maybe you'd be happy with, and vice versa!

but we still need to know more info on yr. and model of atv's here to give you the best help!
all honda atv's are NOT the same! even when there Foremans!, as they made many different versions and sizes of them!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Honda Rider

Garage
Add your quad to the signature line for this and any other posts. If the foreman is like mine it should be fun!

Honda 2013 Foreman TRX 500ES 450 Miles
Quad Boss Fender Guard/Foot Rest
Quad Boss 3500 Winch
Cycle Country 5' Plow
28" Outlaw 2's on Chrome Rims
High Lifter Springs

2004 Yamaha YFZ 450
Every GYTR Upgrade Available

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

[QUOTE=mrbb;3183149]First off, I am guessing this is a 4x4 rancher and not a 2 wheel drive model , correct??
if so, you should NOT be running tires of different heights to the front and reatr, your asking for drive line problems and or damage!, they need to be of the same Diameter from and back for the 4x4 system to work properly, and not causing binding in things, taller tires turn less revolutions than do smaller one's

2002 Honda rancher es 4x4
2003 Honda foreman es 4x4

And is there a way to add that to my profile for people to see? And I agree I'd rather have 25s all around. They just seemed like a great price with the rims.

2002 Rancher 350 es 4x4
2003 Foreman 450 es 4x4
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield Basher View Post
Add your quad to the signature line for this and any other posts. If the foreman is like mine it should be fun!
How do I do that? I looked at the threads and couldn't find how to.

2002 Rancher 350 es 4x4
2003 Foreman 450 es 4x4
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Honda Red Wing Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneMud View Post
How do I do that? I looked at the threads and couldn't find how to.
in the above tool bar, you will see
TOOLS
click on that, then see
option of
USER CP
click on that and then on left side, there will be options to edit your signature and profile, where you can add your ATV's info, if you wish
but honestly , its just best to list what atv your asking for help on, at time of asking for help, as many folks have more than ONE atv, and many folks also ask questions on atv's other than the one they list in there profile/sig,
so even if you list say, 5 different atv's you have, and THEN ask a question, we still need to know WHAT ATV your asking about!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Thanks

I had to exit enhanced mobile view for the site. Now I need to learn new stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page