Front Brake Master Cylinder? - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Send a message via AIM to 4menator
Havent been on here in a while due to racing motocycles, but with the weather changing im getting ready to start wheelin again. I pulled off the brakes from my Honda CBR to outfit it with all Brembo ans was wondering if anyone has changed oiut the Master cylinder on their foreman? When I put bigger tires the stock brakes dont seem to have enough grab to stop it anymore and the m/c from the bike has much more stopping power so i was thinking about switching them out.

07 Foreman 500 Camo
27"mudlite xtr, 14" black itp type 7, 2.5 warn, 3.5" extended swingarm, 2" spacers, oversized oilcooler, HMF Penland, dynojet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Honda Red Wing Rider

Thats an interesting idea. I would think you would have to change the caliper too. If you do try it post your results. I would like to know if it works.

2006 Foreman 4x4 500s
Powermadd handguards
2.5 Warn winch
2" Perfex long travel lift kit
High Lifter springs
26-11-12 Sedona Ripsaws on rear
26-9-12 Sedona Ripsaws on front
Douglas Rattlesnake rims
3rd Headlight switch
Moose Heated Handgrips and thumb warmer
Replaced the stock silver engine covers and front skid plate with 07 camo black and painted front brush guard black

2005 Rancher 350ES 2wd
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

QUOTE (Kipes @ May 11 2009, 08:47 PM)
Quote:
Thats an interesting idea. I would think you would have to change the caliper too. If you do try it post your results. I would like to know if it works.
I don't see why u would have to change the calipers, as long as they both use the same banjo size I should be able to just swap both masters and bleed the lines, If the lines are not the same size, I have a sponsor with galfer brake lines ill see If they can make me a set of line that will work

07 Foreman 500 Camo
27"mudlite xtr, 14" black itp type 7, 2.5 warn, 3.5" extended swingarm, 2" spacers, oversized oilcooler, HMF Penland, dynojet

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Honda Red Wing Rider

Both masters? You mean you have two master cylinders on your wheeler? I guess you wouldnt have to swap calipers but your putting a master cylinder of of a dirt bike that runs one caliper versus a wheeler which has two, just wondering about that. The only way would be to try it.

2006 Foreman 4x4 500s
Powermadd handguards
2.5 Warn winch
High Lifter springs
Douglas Rattlesnake rims
3rd Headlight switch
Replaced the stock silver engine covers and front skid plate with 07 camo black and painted front brush guard black

2005 Rancher 350ES 2wd
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

I know I put both M/C but i was refering to both as in the one from the bike and the one off the quad, didnt mean the quad had 2. Also the CBR is a road race bike not a dirt bike. The M/C was designed to stop bikes with dual 4 piston calipers on front from 180mph so im thinking it will give a quad more bite when stopping. The M/C of the bike has a 18/20 pull so it has much greater stopping power with much less effort to pull the lever.

07 Foreman 500 Camo
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Honda Red Wing Rider

Oh ok 4manator I misunderstood you, my bad. Now that you explained it I dont see why it wouldnt work but do you realy have to stop that quick lol. If you do happen to do it you should make a how to thread because Im sure there are people on these forums that would be curious to know (including myself) if it works. People are always wondering what they can do to thier wheelers next.

2006 Foreman 4x4 500s
Powermadd handguards
2.5 Warn winch
High Lifter springs
Douglas Rattlesnake rims
3rd Headlight switch

2005 Rancher 350ES 2wd
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

QUOTE (Kipes @ May 12 2009, 12:39 PM)
Quote:
Oh ok 4manator I misunderstood you, my bad. Now that you explained it I dont see why it wouldnt work but do you realy have to stop that quick lol. If you do happen to do it you should make a how to thread because Im sure there are people on these forums that would be curious to know (including myself) if it works. People are always wondering what they can do to thier wheelers next.
No problem, Im gonna try it this weekend and ill take some pics, if its a noticable difference ill let everyone know. Im really just lookinf for an option to stop this sob, cause im tired of bumping into others when they stop going down hill and all i can do is slow down. has anyone found good pads that work in offroad conditions.

07 Foreman 500 Camo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page