Four years without a need - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Four years without a need

Was so impressed with years now of going through much more extreme situations... spent an entire day at General Sams Offroad Park (https://generalsams.com/) and went through insane trails thinking, what was I thinking... but every time my Foreman walked right through without a bit of problem. So a couple of weeks ago I was going to do some deer feeder check-up and got stuck crossing a creek I had gone through many times before. Needless to say... I'm winch shopping.

Any links to specific installs for a 2015 Foreman.... please reply; looking for exact mount used and winch you have on a 2015 and if you added the accessory harness or just wired into an existing ignition. I want to do this myself and so far thinking the KFI mount is the best option for my rig.... just not sure on what winch or size; thinking 3500 is what I should get, but really want something under $200... seeing badlands, champion, smittybuilt and several others that can be purchased from $99 to under $200. Any good results options please share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mudd.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	41765  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Honda Lover

I hhave a kfi mount on mine and a 2500lb kfi winch that is garbage, you need at least a 3500 lb winch.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Honda Rider

I have a 2015 Honda rubicon. Don’t know if there is any difference in The frames. Any who I have a 3500 lb viper winch with synthetic rope. I think I paid around $240.00 for the winch and mounting plate. It came as a kit. You get the fair lead stopper and fasteners. I also ordered the pig tail that plugs into your accessory harness. Think it was around $20.00 or so. It’s been a good winch now going on three years. If you want the part number for the pig tail let me know.

2015 Rubicon

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Honda Rider

KFI mount here, badlands 2500. Works fine.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM
Honda Rider

Garage
I have had my winch since new and it has held up great pulling my brothers 700 Grizzly out of many mud holes. Synthetic line is very nice not having to worry about kinks in metal lines or fraying issues but it has worn a bit and had to be cut twice near the end from plowing constantly rubbing on the fair-lead. Even with having to trim the line a little I would still recommend it over steel cable for safety reasons.

Honda 2013 Foreman TRX 500ES 450 Miles
Quad Boss Fender Guard/Foot Rest
Quad Boss 3500 Winch
Cycle Country 5' Plow
28" Outlaw 2's on Chrome Rims
High Lifter Springs

2004 Yamaha YFZ 450
Every GYTR Upgrade Available
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosemarbles View Post
I have a 2015 Honda rubicon. Donít know if there is any difference in The frames. Any who I have a 3500 lb viper winch with synthetic rope. I think I paid around $240.00 for the winch and mounting plate. It came as a kit. You get the fair lead stopper and fasteners. I also ordered the pig tail that plugs into your accessory harness. Think it was around $20.00 or so. Itís been a good winch now going on three years. If you want the part number for the pig tail let me know.
Yes, please. If you are willing... take a few photos of where the harness plugged into yours and how you connected wires from winch to switch to harness and routing to battery... I am a visual learner and looking to see how best to do this specifically for my model. THANK YOU!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM
Honda Rider

I get off work at 3. I’ll take some pics for you no problem.

2015 Rubicon
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM
Honda Rider

It’s basically plug and play. I routed all my wiring along the frame with zip ties. I have the winch running straight to my battery. With the pig tail harness the winch will not power on unless you turn the key on. The switch to activate the winch is attached to the handle bars. I’ve run this set up close to three years without any problems. But I do check the wiring every other ride for anything unusual frayed wiring ect ect.

2015 Rubicon
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM
Honda Rider

I tried to post pics from my phone but got this message. Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. Iíll try to post from my laptop here here in a bit.

2015 Rubicon
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Cool. Appreciate your effort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page