Why?!?? New 500 is garbage!!! - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By mrbb
  • 1 Post By toodeep
  • 1 Post By mrbb

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

Why?!?? New 500 is garbage!!!

Why would Honda ever leave the Hondamatic transmission and go back to the archaic break/trigger mechanism when the shifter was THE best place for the reverse is beyond me!!! And why leave the Hondamatic transmission in the first place I’ve had an 01 since they came out and still never a problem and my 2015 is garbage! Wtf? Honda needs some reverse engineering bad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Honda Red Wing Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage Harvey View Post
Why would Honda ever leave the Hondamatic transmission and go back to the archaic break/trigger mechanism when the shifter was THE best place for the reverse is beyond me!!! And why leave the Hondamatic transmission in the first place Iíve had an 01 since they came out and still never a problem and my 2015 is garbage! Wtf? Honda needs some reverse engineering bad!
all I can say to this is, the hoindamatic has been JUNK in several models from honda and been NOTHING but weak links waiting to fail, and a COSTLY replacement part to replace as repairing it was almost NOT possible most times!
however LIKE YOU , there will always be exceptions to things and have had nothing but GOOD luck with them like you seem to have had with your's , but the numbers of failures with them was so high, it was removed from that
I personally would never even THINK of buying one based one what all I know about them
tried and true FOOT shift is my preferred machine,simple hard to break and less moving parts to even possibly fail!
so, this would by MY point of view
and I personally think ALL modern ATV are well, JUNK, expensive JUNK< with way too many electronics and gadgets I have zero use for or want to have, as they suck power too much when parked and just well, too many things that can fail without reason to, like most all things made today, there made to fail so you buy again and again,
the OLD honda's were made with IMO WAY better long life built into them, and what got HONDA its reputation for being long lived and reliable
its a disposable world we live in today, NOTHING is made to last long anymore IMO!
over priced junk made to fail at that too!
Vortec325 likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Garage
IMO, honda left the hydro for better profits and a less power robbing transmission. They are putting more power to the ground with a smaller cc motor going to the gear to gear transmission in the dtc.

I have an 09 rancher with the dtc and the only problem in the 10,000+ miles is one shift motor and one angle sensor. My reverse lever is deleted so all I have to do is push buttons to shift.

I would take a new Rubicon over the older one just for the features on it. The older was a good dependable machine but still lacking in power and features.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
blake2185 likes this.

2013 MUV 700----2011TRX500FPM----2009TRX420FPA----2009TRX420FA----2007 TRX420FM----2006 TRX400FA----1995TRX300FW----1988TRX350D----1988TRX300---1974 CB750 Amen Savior Chopper----!974 ST90

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Honda Red Wing Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
IMO, honda left the hydro for better profits and a less power robbing transmission. They are putting more power to the ground with a smaller cc motor going to the gear to gear transmission in the dtc.

I have an 09 rancher with the dtc and the only problem in the 10,000+ miles is one shift motor and one angle sensor. My reverse lever is deleted so all I have to do is push buttons to shift.

I would take a new Rubicon over the older one just for the features on it. The older was a good dependable machine but still lacking in power and features.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I agree the old one's were maybe best for ling life, and they didn;t offer many luxuries at all, rode stiff, didn;t handle that great, nothing fancy at all, and not the best in ground clearance either

but they were simple and lasted

new one's ride better, handle better, and to many look better and offer more features by a LOT, a shame they lost IMO a lot of the other good things to get all this modern stuff!
Chalkymon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page