**no spark! alot diagnosed - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

**no spark! alot diagnosed

2000 foreman 450 no spark. green neutral light out, but digital screen says gear position.
what ive tried:
stator itself checks out, pulser coil gives me a weird reading when peak tested with a cdi brand peak tester(15 or so volts)
replaced regulator twice to make sure, key switch, pcm, icm, checked all fuses, engine start/stop switch, grounded neutral wire, voltage from pulser is getting to pcm and icm. primary and secondary voltage on coil checks out. plug wire good and boot good, new plug. the switch inside rear cover gets no continuity through any wires when I try testing it, but ive bypassed it. what am I missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

bump
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 06:54 PM
Honda Rider

I'll assume this is a TRX450ES, ok? It sounds like it will crank but not spark, eh...usually the neutral light is on before they turn over on the older Hondas. The wires from the switch inside the rear cover would be for gear indication usually. Only other thing back there is a speed sensor I think. Hmmm, just wondering how did you test the stator?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Honda Rider

sorry for the late response, ive been tied up with work. I tested the stator by checking the resistance through the 3 yellows and also checked them to ground as per the manual. yes trx450es
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 12:48 PM
Honda Rider

It sounds like you've tested plenty, but still no love....I'm still wondering about the pulser coil and the high voltage reading. Honda's spec is 0.7 minimum but that's all they state. I don't have a peak voltage tester myself, but the aftermarket coil listed for your engine is a 350 ohm model so maybe you can see what yours tests as. Did you try a known, good ICM? There aren't that many problems with these ignition systems, unlike the electric shift issues out there. Better take a real close look at all the connections involved and test for continuity of the wiring harness related to ignition (grounds too!).
https://www.rmstator.com/en_ca/produ...5-2014-rm00108
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page