Honda Foreman Forums banner

Wench Recommendations?

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  RickCroom 
#1 ·
New to the ATV world and would like to know what are the best value in wenches for ATVs. I have been looking at the 3500# Badland wenches at Harbor Freight and tools. What do ya'll think? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
OK , first off there WINCHES< not wenches LOL

best bang for your money IMO will be superwinch
HF brand winches are just too hit and miss for me to waste my time buying
as when I NEED a winch, I NEED a winch to work!
saving money is never a concern when your stuck really bad, and cheaper to buy once than twice too!
Warns, great winches but over priced IMO
SUperwinch wins the best bang for the buck! there just as reliable and customer service is top shelf!

#6 ·
I got a superwinch Tera 25 . Only used it once so not much to say hoe long it will last. What I can say is it seems just as well built as a warn and quite too . Seems to have a little more power than my buddies warn 2500 but his is a few years older

#7 ·
Don't let all the naysayers scare you. I've found the majority of them haven't even tried a Harbor Freight winch, yet many have opinions or stories about them. Myself and three other friends all have the Harbor Freight Badland 3500 LB. winches. We use our winches way more often than most people do - we raise 600 lb corn feeders into place with them, hoist heavy lumber / metals with them and occasionally use them to get unstuck when just riding to have fun. :)

Without fail - every single one has been 100% reliable and trustworthy. Watch for them to be on sale and don't hesitate to pick one up. They come complete with heavy cabling, the contactor, remote control interface, hand-held wired remote controller and the fairlead.

I bought two of them for $99 each. All of ours are 4+ years old and have been worked very hard. They simply continue to work. I can whole heartedly recommend them and would say they are the best value in winching that I've found.

#8 ·
i have a super winch on my 2001 Ruby that still works like new. i pulled a 21 foot travel trailer about 50 feet through 2 feet of snow with the back of my ruby chained to a tree. i smoked the the switch but the winch is still like new, that was 15 years ago. I was up in Upper Mi. bow hunting and we got a 2 ft. blanket of snow overnight in October. And the tow vehicle was a two wheel drive diesel that was useless in snow.

#9 ·
Thanks guys for all the input. I ordered a Superwinch Terra 35 from eBay. Of course it is backordered so I asked for a refund. Hard to believe that Summit racing is backordered on anything. Maybe I'll get my money back soon and go to Harbor Freight and get the Badlands 3500#. At this point I just want the wench on the Foreman so I can start using it to get ready for hunting season.

#11 ·
why not just buy else where?
lots of places carry Superwinches/

I have one superwwinch now that is 20 yrs old, and has seem well over 25,000 IN and OUT's on it and still works fine
HAVE worn out about 20+ switches, (contacts are wear and tear items)

#12 ·
Warn is best, but their ATV winches are stupid expensive

Superwinch is a great brand with great support. The last 1/2 dozen winches I've run have been the LT3000's that are a little over $100 on Amazon. No issues with any of them and the oldest is probably 5-6 years old now.

There are lots of winches out there, but when you can get a new name brand, good 3K winch for a little over $100 shipped, it's kind of a no-brainer.

Reactions: mrbb
#15 ·
Well I got my wench installed today. Everything works as designed. I used a Warn wench mounting kit designed for a 2014 Foreman and I bought the Badlands 3500# wench. It took a little welding and metal manipulation but I think it came out pretty good. Here are the completed installation pictures. Now all I need is my Realtree vinyl wrap to get here and she will be back together.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.