Honda Foreman Forums banner

Motor locked up?

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nutbush 
#1 ·
So I was having some issues with my foreman not idling. I took the carburetor off and cleaned two jets; one was the drain and the other was kinda on the side. I made sure I counted the turns it was open before I took it out. The jet looked fine, but I blew air through it anyhow. The plunger seemed to work fine so I didn't fool with it. I hooked the carb back up, put all the connectors back on, but left the air breather off just to make sure it would run. I primed the carb a few times and it cranked right up and ran good, but it seemed that it would only run long enough to burn what was in the carb. I did that a few times, reving the engine some. It still wouldn't run very long and got harder to start. So I turned the jet a little that was on the bottom of carb to see if that would help. I hit the starter and it turned over but didn't sound right. I tried it again and it backfired. I tried it again and the motor wouldn't turn over. Then I tried the pullcord and it wouldn't turn the motor over. Did I blow the engine up or something??

#2 ·
You may have flooded it after the carb was stripped.

Pull the spark plug out and try the pull start (ignition off) and see if any fuel spits out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.