Honda Foreman Forums banner

Spec. Grease for Rancher 420

14K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  woodsdog 
#1 ·
Does anybody know what the spec. grease or equivalent for the Rancher 420 is?

#3 ·
I dont understand the question either rich. All I know is if you want grease fitting on your rancher, you have to add them because it hasnt got any. Most parts require moly grease if Im not mistaken. You need yourself a service manual woodsdog.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, no I know about the differential lube sorry for the confusion , I'm pretty new to these machines. Just anticipating some maintenance requirements. I have the owners manual. Kipes, if there are no fittings how do you apply the Moly grease you mention or????? I'm confused because I've seen the lubrication chart in parts of a service manual but I don't know where you lube things it says moly grease or whatever but doesn't show you where to apply it. I guess I'm not getting it.

#5 ·
well i tapped my own grease fittings in the rearend, pumped that baby full of axel grease. heres hopeing, and no problems yet.

#6 ·
Scotty, what did you tap and fill the axle tubes?

#8 ·
yeah i put a nipple in the center of the axle tubes where the yellow dots are in this pic

Attachments

#7 ·
I guess you have to disassemble them to grease them. I still plan on putting grease fittings in my upper a-arms the next time I have to change the bushings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.