Honda Foreman Forums banner

Please help, Speedo Display Issues

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jeremy Deckard 
#1 ·
My name is Jeremy, from Athens GA. I recently purchased a 2002 Honda Rubicon 500 and everything worked on it until I changed the carb and speedo display. The parts I replaced with are OEM. It will run perfectly now (was stalling without 1/8" of choke) but it will not shift into 2nd 3rd etc gears now and the new display is what I assume the issue is after reading numerous posts regarding resetting it and finding codes etc, I was unable to retrieve any codes. I tried probably 40 times and was able to hear the computer and it was at the point where when ignition was on and not running the display would flash all three gears. How it sits now, after some magic happened right before I was going to put the old angle sensor back into the carb to see if that was it, when I turned the ignition on without starting everything seemed perfect, display shows correct gears, and shows correct gears when shifting. The problem is, once I start it, only after I start moving in any selected gear, it starts flashing all three gear options on the display and will not shift. Any help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.