Honda Foreman Forums banner

Love my 17 Rubicon

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Averysm09 
#1 · (Edited)
Just sold my 14 Foreman which I liked ok but man what a step up the Rubi is in heavy duty built and overall quality. The engine is better tuned, throttle mapping is better (not so jumpy), ride is way better, DCT tranny is amazing, seating position is better, has a front locker, and engine is a little quieter, and smoother and seems to have a little more low end grunt. I have several hours on her now and am loving it. My 14 only had 100 hours so was still like new almost. It drove and handled more on the sport side than my 2000 Foreman which I didn't like but the Rubi is back to being more utility but still rides and handles great. The 14 has the single shock in rear which just doesn't offer the same performance as a dual shock setup. Great for sport riding (lighter weight) but lacks extra control for utility applications. Love the Rubi though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#2 ·
Glad to hear you like your new Rubicon. Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback- very helpful.

I'll probably close a deal on one very soon. Now that I'm getting along in age, I really need EPS. Plus, electronic ignition and IRS are real advantages to providing a more trouble free and comfortable ride.

#5 ·
I rode both machines back and forth through a ditch at a angle and the solid rear axle makes the bike toss the rider back and forth much more. With the IRS it's almost hard to tell you even went through it. It's a stiff IRS setup compared to a Polaris so you fell a little more small bumps than a Polaris or others. BUT it still rides way better than a standard Foreman plus is still stable on side hills and the bike handles great. You do notice the extra weight of the Rubi compared to my 14 Foreman but for me it feels much better overall. Great machine for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 ·
Just hit 102 miles on my 16 Rubicon DCT today. Awesome machines for sure! I'm extremely impressed with the factory tires! Where we went today trails were a sheet of thick ice. Went up them with no problem just kept one side on the dirt or snow and climb baby climb lol :grin2:

Reactions: Tim King
#6 ·
15 Rubi

I just got back from a 3 day trip to the Hatfield McCoy trails (Indian Ridge) and we rode ~170 miles. Mine doesn't have the DCT nor the EPS (didn't want it to be honest) but that IRS is sweet! I came from an '11 Rancher (no IRS, no EPS, no DCT) to a '16 Rancher (IRS, DCT, no EPS) and now have a '15 Rubi (IRS, no EPS, no DCT) and I love it! I honestly hated my DCT in the Rancher, only reason I got rid of it. It did nothing but "-" on me. I put a little over 100 miles on it and ditched it for the new but a year older Rubi. Awesome bike. The seating position is SO much better than the Ranchers, and that IRS (for not knowing any better) feels like butter comparatively. I now have 383 miles on it and plan on keeping it for a long time!

-27x9 Maxxis Zilla fronts
-27x11 Maxxis Zilla rears
-HMF optimizer
-o2 delete
-HMF Titan exhaust
-ExtremeSnorkel
-LED pod light

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.