Honda Foreman Forums banner

2007 Rubicon new owner questions

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  harig 
#1 ·
Hey guys just bought my girlfriend a 2007 rubicon 500 which has been my grandpas farm quad for quite some time, i haven't driven it for years and have a couple questions for you guys concerning the different d1,d2, and esp modes as my grandpa never took it out of "d" and has new clue what the other modes are for.

1. From my research d1 is a HP mode for higher speed travel, d2 is for lower end torque like playing in mud or snow, so whats the esp mode for? If you switch it to that does that allow you to manually shift with the up and down selector on the left handlebar?
2. on the gear selector on the side of the quad that selects reverse and drive there is also a " L " which i assume is low which would be used for mud or snow application but how does that work with the manual selector ? should I be in L or D when operating it in manual? and does it matter what the d1 and d2 modes are in when in "d" or " L " on the gear shifter

#2 ·
D 1 is for more power, shifts at a higher RPM, d2 is for more low end torque it shifts at a lower RPM, d2 works great for easy trail riding, ESP is to shift by button as an electronic five speed. L is Low gear ratio for towing or any thing that works the quad really hard, the Ruby has a lot more pulling power in low range, in low range it still shift like D1 andD2 but is a lot lower gear ratio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.