Honda Foreman Forums banner

Eagle Eye HIDs

5K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  jeepwm69 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to install HIDs on the two bottom lights and the pod. Everything seems cut and dry, yet there is a lot. I was wondering if I need to remove everything and replace it with what the Eagle Eye company gave me? Or...

Little bit of confusion I guess.

Also, where do I mount the ballasts and or other components?

Thank you!

#3 ·
Would have been easier and cheaper to mount a led light bar

#5 ·
I like the HID's in the stock headlights. I have HID's in my stock headlight housings and a light bar that comes on with the high beam switch.

Can't see very well so I like lots of light.

#6 ·
Just leave the stock head lights alone. Then add a light bar.

#9 ·
Here's what I did on the wife's Rancher. That's a $20 Amazon LED bar wired into the high beam switch.

Put an HID in the Foreman pod light I added up top, but left the lower bulbs stock. I've modded HID's to go in a couple of my Foremans, but it's a lot of trouble and with an HID in the pod light and a light bar I can see what I need to see. If the Eagle Eye kits were cheaper I'd put them in all my bikes.

Attachments

#11 ·
I asked Eagle Eye about just buying bulbs, and they were about $40/bulb. The ballasts are all pretty much universal, as is the wiring. The Eagle Eye bulbs are the component that you can't get elsewhere.

#13 ·
I put mine in the bottom of the "scoop" that is in front of the oil cooler. You have a radiator and a newer model so not sure where I'd put them on that one.

#15 ·
Here is the led cubes I put on mine. Cheap on Amazon about $20 and just tapped the wire into the high beams so they come on with my high beams.

Attachments

#16 ·
LED"s are nice. I have HID's in the Honda headlight housings AND an LED bar on the front. Headlights on low beam the factory headlights are on, high beams they stay on and the LED bar comes on too. I can see where I'm going, even when I get mud on the headlights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.