Honda Foreman Forums banner

2015 Rubicon Rear Bumper & Tow Hitch

11K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Pipercub 
#1 ·
Need to improve upon the Rubicon rear-end. I'll be hauling a home made meat wagon trailer behind the Rubicon when hunting mainly. The stock ball hitch mount is not tough enough. I've been eyeballing the Strongmade receiver hitch mod. I've also got to install a rear bumper on the Rubicon (kids following me on their ATVs). Anybody out there installed these two mods together (or others)?

#2 ·
I've got the strong made 2in hitch. Very nice piece. Used it several times. Simple and well designed. Seen many other 2in hitches on friends atv's and haven't found a design I like better. Most stick out very far and will add more of a moment arm on the machine. I like how this one is compact and stiffen's up the frame in the rear. I've used the hard mounted disker with mine to plow green fields. Can't think of a more abusive test for it. Did great!

#3 ·
I seen someone posted pics of one with the Honda rear bumper on it, it looked pretty good. I don't know if there is any other options out there really. Not sure of how it mounts vs. the receiver hitch but I think you can download the installation instructions and have a look see.

#4 ·
Yeah thanks for the info guys. It is difficult to see from the installation pictures if there is a compatibility issue between the hitch and the bumper. Both look like good mods on their own. I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and buy them and hope for the best.

#8 ·
Did not buy the hitch & bumper combo, looked like the hitch would have to be modified to fit with the bumper. Trying to figure out a good winch setup now. Still plan to buy the Strong made and OEM bumper. All Rubicons are IRS now. Post pics of your mod to make fit.

#9 ·
This is what you would come across.

So, I am thinking about cutting slots on the side of the plate to allow clearance of the bumper brackets. But I am a little hesitant because I am not sure how much it will weaken the hitch..... However, the hitch is solid steel and I won't be pulling a bunch of weight anyway. Undecided. But this would be the only way for it to work in my opinion.

Attachments

#10 ·
Any chance of putting spacers behind receiver plate to move bumper attach points out from behind?

#12 ·
Anyway you can take a picture of the bumper and hitch together? Would like to see how much they interfere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.