Honda Foreman Forums banner

Changing oil in an 02' rubicon

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  stevencbr 
#1 ·
This is my fist time doing it. I bought 6 quarts and a Fram CH6007 oil filter. I dropped the front skid plate & found both oil plugs and the oil filter. Now... is there anything else I need to know before I remove the oil plugs and filter? Do I need new crush washers or new gaskets/o-rings that go in there with the filter or anything? Thanks!

#4 ·
I wouldn't worry about the crush washer. I usually don't replace it unless I think of it.

Also what oil did you buy?

#9 ·
Thanks! I'll check out that oil next time. I put 6 quarts in mine. At first it looked as if I had over filled but after running it and letting the air bubbles settle out its right at the top line on the stick. I figure it's good then.

#11 ·
Rotella 5W40 T6 is $18.13/gallon on Amazon if you sign up for repeat delivery, free shipping, no tax, and there's a $5 rebate from shell now per gallon. Doesn't get any cheaper than that for full synthetic oil that is JASO MA rated. Max of 4 rebates per household, so I set up repeat delivery, and when I get the 4th gallon I'll cancel it. Getting one gal per month for 4 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.