Honda Foreman Forums banner

Rubicon deer carrier

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  mrbb 
#1 ·
Hi all. Thought I would post pics of my Rubicon with my deer carrier on it. I started with a cycle country blade with mid mount push bars. I unbolted the blade part and welded a bumper receiver hitch ($21 harbor freight) just behind where the blade mounts so I can bolt it back on when need be. Slid my existing carrier into the hitch, hooked winch cable to recover to move up and down. Ready to try out next weekend for IL shotgun season. Shouldn't need help getting my deer back to and in the truck now.

#5 ·
I would highly suggest getting some HD front springs, to help the front end out

nice Idea there, but wouldn't work here for me, trails are too narrow and too many hills, I would nose dive/bottom out in
and I know first hand, as I try and PLOW a lot of them on winter time and even with blade fully angled I cannot get between many trees LOL

Not sure HOW far you have to go to get a deer out, but I found a its easier to just drag them if short distance, or use a plastic sled and drag em that way
they hold up pretty good on dirt and ricks if you take your time

they do get slopped up more being behind the atv however!

#8 ·
Average deer around here are 130 to 200 pounds field dressed. A very large one would be 230. It will hold me at 220 so it will do the job. Some spots I hunt are 1 mile from the road so it is a treck. I have used a sled many times. Biggest issue is lifting them up to truck bed by myself. This solves that issue. Agreed that it wouldn't handle a mule deer or elk but we don't have those down here yet. (southern Illinois)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

#9 ·
If it works for you ..... would like to see a photo with your 'mowich' on it (native word for deer) ..
Took a Mulie buck to be cut-up ...... 220lbs. no head, neck, hide ......
If you could rig something like yours for the rear, so you could roll a buck onto the rear rack ..... I've wrestled numerous bucks, moose/elk quarters onto the racks ...... tough to do by yourself sometimes ....
Good idea, and thanks for posting .....
MM

#10 ·
I know this might sound silly
BUT you MIGHT want to add a safety chain to that thing
as if the winch line snaps while your driving and hits something with no give like a rock sticking up, or??
you might be in for a ride over the bars
as if you PLOW a lot you do know wire rope can snap
and the bouncing of the heavy load, if your line has any wear, frays or nicks or??
there is a GOOD chance it could snap on you

a real quick deal would be a cam buckle strap, just pull tight and your good to go
and come off with a push of the release lever
\cheap fast safety deal IMO

#12 ·
Must not be around my parts. The conditions out here wouldn't let you go anywhere with that thing. Cool idea though. Might be good to pick up some fat chicks. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.