Honda Foreman Forums banner

Blinking PS light update

27K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  PRO-V 
#1 ·
Some time ago I posted that the PS lamp was blinking intermittently on my '15 FA7. For the longest time they could not figure it out and it would not throw a code. Everything functioned normally. It started to do it more often. The dealer hooked it up to a computer, took a reading on it and sent it off to Honda last Friday. I was at the hunting shack this week (first time it has been off the battery maintainer) and power steering started to go out on me. The next day it didn't turn over very well and after awhile I lost all power steering. When I shut it off it was near dead next time I tried to start it. Made it out to where I could call the dealer. Honda had gotten back to him and said they had never seen this as voltage would momentarily go to 9.5v and as high as 19v. They figure the voltage regulator is defective and are sending a new one and will also give me a new battery since this one got stressed. I guess I got to be the test subject. They will install it Monday. I will update this post after I run it in case anybody else has this happen.

Reactions: Majorpayne
#4 ·
Well, the wiring harness was installed and tested and that did not fix the problem. Honda is back to the drawing board. Needless to say I am very disappointed as it is hunting season and it is my only transportation into my hunting shack. They gave me a brand new Polaris (UGH!!!)
to use until they figure it out. So at least my dealer came through on that. Dealer has been great - it's Honda that keeps parting away.

Reactions: Majorpayne
#5 ·
I would guess the power steering control box is the bad part. It's what controls what voltage the eps gets. It's quite spendy so they probably are trying everything else before that or the power steering unit itself. I don't deal with "Honda" on issues like this until I figure them out. Waste of time for me since I know more about them than the service manager

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.