Honda Foreman Forums banner

Strong Made Rear Rack/2inch Reciever Installed

12K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  scz71864 
#1 ·
Installed both these items yesterday. I oped for the heavier steel rack for durability. They didnt "officially" make a rack for the 15 rubicon but it said it fit the 15 foreman so i got it anyway. I found out the stock foreman rack is a bit different than the stock rubi rack. Everything worked out as i was able to get it to fit no problem. Let me know what you think.

See less See more
#2 ·
looks nice
BUT if it was me, I would make some new tabs or?? to get it to lean back, this way when you put things on it there NOT always sliding off towards the front

I know when I made my rack, the first time, I found everything sliding forward a pain in the a$$
I re did it and have it leaning back, and now can drive about with 5 gallon buckets on it and NOT need to strap them down(just have to be paying attention on any sudden stops, as they will THEN come off LOL)) saves me a lot of time in undoing straps

just a thought

#3 ·
I could prob add some spacers or some washers but I think everything I'm going to use is going to be strapped down. My cooler has rubber feet on it too.

#5 ·
is this the receiver you have installed? the links to the pictures appear to be bad

RH116 - 2" Receiver Hitch For Honda Rubicon 500 IRS 2015

i've been considering buying the one i linked but it's so pricey. unfortunately it seems no other company makes a receiver that will not move once mounted and pulling around weight. all the universal ones i've tried move under weight...

chris
thats the one i bought. If you pull up my previous threads, I started a topic about which one to buy. The other one i was looking at was the same price but used considerable less metal and didnt look as sturdy.

Reactions: chriscw81
#6 ·
Looks good. I had one of the drop down baskets on my old quad. Kinda wish I have it for my rincon

#7 ·
I also got a 2" reciever for my rincon. Like it a lot better then the single ball mount. Mine is a moose I think? Quadboss also makes one.

Attachments

#12 ·
Haven't used thb receiver yet but only thing I don't like about the rack is that it doesn't have tie downs. I went and bought some from lowes and added them on a few different places.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.