Honda Foreman Forums banner

2015 rubicon exhaust

12K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Droptyne 
#1 ·
Has anyone put an exhaust on their rubicon yet just wondering if they could tell any difference. Or how it did running wise without a programmer or anything

#4 ·
I thought about it, then I remembered that for about $1000 more (the cost of an exhaust, filter and programmer) then I paid for my 500 Rubicon I could have bought a 62hp 650XT Can-am....So I opted not to spend the money, and live with my decision.

You can TRY running it without a PC, I don't know if it will work? Will the aftermarket exhaust have an O2 bung? If it does, and you use the factory sensor I'm sure the ECM will detect an extreme lean condition and shut the motor down to prevent any damage.

#5 ·
I ordered an HMF performance series set and a gen 3 optimizer. It does not use the o2 sensor but comes pre programmed to lie to the ecm so it will run without it. Basically instead of it leaning it self out based on what it reads it will get fuel at different throttle ranges based on your tuning no matter what. With the uni filter and snorkel all stock I can tell mine is running a little off so I'm sure with the tuner I can compensate for not only the new exhaust but also the higher air flow. I can't argue that the price is high. All told filter, cleaning kit, pipe and silencer, optimizer, shipping, and materials to build snorkel I'm in right at $996. I'm looking for about a 4 hp gain which is roughly 10%. That's pricey especially considering initial cost of quad, but it makes me happy. Good sound a little more power and some insurance against my stupidity on a quad I know I'm going to have for years to come.

#6 ·
I would like to know since it doesn't use the o2 sensor anymore I would have to assume the ecm would no longer be able to compensate for altitude changes. I asked hmf tech support this question and they never replied back. I live in Colorado and I would love to do the upgrades but if it wont compensate for higher altitudes then I will probably just leave mine stock. I definitely am disappointed in hmf for not responding to me. I have their swamp series on my 14 rubi and Im willing to buy one for the 15 but with customer service like that I cant say I would ever buy from them again.

#7 ·
I'm a little surprised by that, my experience was the opposite. My thought is being that its plug and play and is basically permanently installed on the quad I think you'd be able to change the settings manually and get it to run to your liking. But with out conformation from HMF in your situation I can't say I blame you for not buying.

Reactions: a4x4high
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.