Honda Foreman Forums banner

Snorkel or not?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  WhiteRubi15 
#1 ·
So I am thinking about snorkeling my 15 rubicon and possibly my 14 rubicon also, would like some opinions. I only see deep water in late winter and early spring but I love riding through it. When I go to the mountains the run off fills some of the holes to about half way up my atv and when I go to my friends property the water level gets just over half way up the atv ,but I noticed the last time at my friends property when I dropped into the water of the bank the water comes up to my head lights or just a slight bit higher and I did get some water in the air box. My thoughts are better safe than sorry also I was thinking since I ride in high altitude the little extra air cant be a bad thing for power which I know wont be much but every little bit helps. Whats your thoughts snorkel or not?

I know its not a boat its an atv but a lot of people like to run the water, atv does stand for all terrain vehicle and there is terrain under the water lol!

#2 ·
Ive got a couple buddies that just did theirs, they have the foot shift model and ran it out the little void spot on the left side of the tank where the lever would be for the automatic model, its a simple mod and looks clean. I know a few other fellas that ran it out the front to the side a little but it could interfere with rack space, i for one, am undecided if i will do mine or not, im not one for putting my bike through water and thats how i can get 15-20 yrs out of a machine.

#3 ·
I have the dct model so I will be running it up the right side so I will loose some rack space but im ok with that.

#5 ·
I had the same thought especially on the 15 cause it looks like a pretty straight shot from the air box to the front fender so I can make my own for $50 or less.

#6 ·
my 09 foreman was snorkeled i bought the kit from triangle snorkel sold it took an 05 rubicon on trade built my own snorkel for less than $15 with scrap pipe from work and hose from an old pool pump the only problem i had was with the kit i purchased my 09 ran great with the kit i made mine sputtered at 45-50 mph but it came right out of it i have since removed the snorkel on my rubicon but i left the vent hoses for my carb crankcase and difs ran to my light pod because if were riding and i know the river is up and we wil be in deep water i can put my snorkel back on in 30 min if your doing your own take your time to make sure its all sealed up once i installed mine i built i took my hand and put over the pipe and made sure it choked the motor till it shut off that way i knew it didnt have any leaks hopefully this helps

#7 ·
Thanks I have all my pieces cut but had to take the atv to the shop for warranty coolant leak, so I thinking I will hold off till warranty is done before I install it, I did reroute all my vent lines to the inside of the head light pod as high as they will go so once warranty is done I just have to put on the snorkel.

#9 ·
If any one has pics of the snorkel on the foot shift model coming up through the little shifter pocket I'd really like to see them. Sounds like a clean look. If that included a list of needed materials that would really be awesome. Just trying to cheat my way out of some work and time. I had mine in the play pond at rock run over the weekend and I know I was **** close to sucking water. But I did learn that the locker and the HTR's go pretty good in the mud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.