Honda Foreman Forums banner

2015 pops out of low

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  a4x4high 
#1 ·
Under load (on hill) my 7 hour old machine 'pops' out of low. Of course the rpm goes up and when slows it chunks back into gear and again goes out with any throttle and next to no load. I have only used the low a hand ful of times and this has happened about half. After the first instance I took it to the dealer and they could not reproduce the problem and discounted my reporting saying it was probably the winch hook rattling (very insulting). It has happened twice since the last time resulting in almost going over trail edge as suddenly I had no forward drive. Any other reported problems with this and how can I get the dealer to repair or exchange. With the problem I cannot trust the safety of letting my children or grand kids on this machine if in low and I don't feel very safe either with sudden loss of drive. Thanks for any help. Mark

#2 ·
I would guess the cable is misadjusted. The left cover has to be removed to get access to the adjusting nuts. Then it's pretty simple. Make sure it's in drive (rocking the machine so it's engaged good) then just loosen the nuts so the cable finds the neutral position. Then equally lock the nuts on the cable.

#3 ·
What was the outcome on this. I have a 15 rubicon and am very interested in knowing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.