Honda Foreman Forums banner

2015 Rubicon 2"lift kit

10K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dgalloway21 
#1 ·
I see highlifter now make a 2" lift kit for the 2015 Rubicon.

Do you guys think this would be ok or would I be risking breaking something due to the lift kit putting things at different angle, especially since I already have 28" zillas.

Also, I almost hate giving highlifter a plug for the kit because their customer service is terrible.

#2 ·
28inch tires and a lift will put a lot of strain on the suspension components. Im not so sure i would put it on.

#3 ·
I don't see a point of lifting the 15 rubicon since there is plenty of room to put 30" tires on if you adjust the shocks to the highest setting. There is a guy on rubicon Facebook page running 30 ' s like that with no rubbing. But from what people are saying 28" is the max without doing gr.

#5 ·
no need for the gear reduction on the rubicon ........if you bought the one with low gear ........i turned 30in backs on a 450 with only a 14% gr and i bet the rubi low gear is a higher reduction

#9 ·
@firefighter01 I've got a footshift Rubi and put my buddies 30x10x12 mudlites on it this past weekend. I can say that it did EXTREMELY well with them. Turned them just fine in 4x4 diff lock in PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! Just don't get crazy and think it will turn em in second. It would barely bog from dead stop in the peanut butter but not much. Definitely well pleased with this quad. Buying some 30" wide zillas for it tomorrow so I may make my own thread here after the weekend.

#10 ·
Buddy of mine also has 30" silverbacks on his f/s rubi and his turned em pretty good also. His did bog a little bit more than mine but considering the lug and weight that's a given. Still impressed with how it turned them though. If your not going over a 30" tire I see no reason for a gear reduction

#11 ·
Mine will bog to a dead stop in 1st gear with 28" Silverbacks. It does OK in most mud though. 30" Mud Lites or Zilla's would probably be fine on the DCT's, but I wouldn't consider anything bigger than a 28" on a footshift, or even a 27" aggressive tire like a silverback or Outlaw. Not only can it not turn them, it takes too much away from the machine. If I was going to run a 30 on my machine I'd probably throw a 35% gear reduction in it, although I think a smaller GR would probably be enough.

#13 ·
@firefighter01 I just got my new 30x11x14 zillas front and rear on this weekend and I am very impressed!!! IMO she will turn em just fine. Rode in a really thick swamp at a friend's house yesterday and turned em just fine. 2nd gear 2wd until it would get really thick but 1st would be no hesitation. Got stuck in 4wd diff lock and still never had a problem turnin em. I'm not gonna tell you if will turn em like stockers but it WILL turn em quite well. And will also still wheelie pretty easily
too. And floats like a cork in water. Haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.