2006 Honda Rancher ES Problems? - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbuckms

Hello to all, I own a 2006 Honda Rancher 350 ES 4x4. I am shifting problems with my bike as well. Whatever gear i'm in while driving it, if i touch the brakes, the bike will stay stuck in this gear and the gear light will start flashing. You have to kill the bike and restart it to be able to shift out once this has happened. Does anyone know how i can correct this problem and your help is greatly appreciated.
bigbuckms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

Did you count the flashes
Honda Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbuckms

It flashes twice, pause, flashes twice, pause, etc. Thank you for your help in this matter.
bigbuckms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Honda Rider

QUOTE (bigbuckms @ Apr 28 2009, 03:42 PM)
Quote:
Hello to all, I own a 2006 Honda Rancher 350 ES 4x4. I am shifting problems with my bike as well. Whatever gear i'm in while driving it, if i touch the brakes, the bike will stay stuck in this gear and the gear light will start flashing. You have to kill the bike and restart it to be able to shift out once this has happened. Does anyone know how i can correct this problem and your help is greatly appreciated.
graydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Honda Rider

My 2006 350 ES has a similar problem. The shifter was locked up and it wouldn't go into gear ..with the Neutral indicator flashing two flash's. This told me that it was a shifter proble, but upon further investigation I found it was connected to the brake light switch and the brake light indicator. As soon as I touch either brake lever and the brake switch was activated ...the brake lights would come on and the ES system would go in to error code (2 flash's). When you shut off the ignition key and restart ...it would reset the system and you could put it into gear again.
The problem was not in the brake lights themselves ( I disconnected the plug at the rear of the machine) and yet it would still go into error fault when you touch the levers. I disconnected both brake light switch's at the brake levers and the brake lights don't operate now ( the drive lights are ok) ...and it doesn't go into alarm any more. The bike works fine now. just no brake lights.
It could be a ground problem or a "brake light sensor" problem. I don't know/ Does anyone have any clues?
graydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement