Honda Foreman Forums banner

Es problems

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Eastcoaststeve 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 honda rancher 350 es has always worked great until recently it was turned off in 3rd gear and will not come out I used the emergency shift bar and it came out of gear but it still says it's in 3rd gear i replaced the shift motor the old one was bad I unhooked the battery I unhooked the screen and it still says it's in 3rd gear

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. It shifted manually into neutral? Have you tried shifting it manually back into gear just to make sure it's shifting? My guess is that it's not shifting all the way and is stuck in between gears or the gear position switch is bad.

#4 · (Edited)
prob a broken shift plate the front crank case cover will have to be removed to check it if its the same as the foreman 450's

#5 ·
2001 350te1 es

hi i have a 2001 350 es 2 wd its stuck inbetween 4-5 and ive been reading its the shift plate mine will not shift with electric or manual shift except back and forth between 4-5 gears just wondering if there was a recall on it if so anyone have copy of it?? and if anyone have the details on how to repair ?? or if i took to ge repaired how much should it be to repaired at dealer in canada??
thanks

#6 ·
tigger67. I have a 2000 350 es and there was a recall from 2000 to 2002 on them because if the gear shift plate. I just got mine done, it was doing the same thing as yours and it fixed the problem. So from what it sounds like it is the gear shift plate. Price I couldn't tell ya . Just hopefully you someone because motor needs to be removed or it's a pain to get at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.