500 drowned..what to do? - Page 2 - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Thanks for the info guys!
craigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Honda Rider

. I read on here also to do a diesel flush...how do I do that? Do I run it with diesel in the crankcase or just flush it thru the motor?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Honda Rider

do not do the diesel flush! Just get some cheap oil and keep changing.
nsforeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

What's wrong with doing a half/half diesel and oil flush? I would think the diesel would break up any dirt in the motor to help flush that all out.
Axle paddle
29.5 Outlaws s/w combo
Hmf performance
K&N performance filter
Viper Max 3500 winch
2 in custom snorkel
2 inch ssatv lift
Jetted
Carb mod
Extended and snorked vent lines
Rich450es pvc storage tube custom camo
Carb overflow catchcan mod
2inch spacers
Hids
Sspeckerwood 3rd headlight mod
Audiopipe custom camo
Sealed pull start
Robertcarterknives.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76334310@N07/
robert carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Honda Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert carter View Post
What's wrong with doing a half/half diesel and oil flush? I would think the diesel would break up any dirt in the motor to help flush that all out.
Maybe, but I've never had a problem flushing engines with just oil. You gotta remember, oil is designed to trap dirt and debris and contain it within the oil, so that when you drain the oil, it takes all the dirt and debris with it.
K&N air filter
Hopefully more mods to come...
LostForemanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Honda Addict

you'll get milkshakes for quite a few oil changes still.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostForemanRider View Post
If the oil is still milky, keep changing it until you get dark, clean oil coming out. What we used to do with airplanes was use a oil drum and pump, but not sure that would work here. Just keep changing until it's not milky any more. Then you should drive it for awhile and check it again. If it's still not milky, it's good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post
you'll get milkshakes for quite a few oil changes still.
I changed it 5 times and its finally starting to look normal ...I think I'm gonna ride it for an hour or so and change it again. If it starts to smoke or anything I guess its time for a big bore kit and cams! :-)
Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

Send a message via AIM to scottl1346

iv done the diesel flush 3 times on my foreman never had any issues last time i drowned it was 2-1/2 yrs ago and its still going strong and doesn't smoke. i fill mine up with diesel run it for about 5 to 10 sec turn it off and drain. diesel has a high flash point it wont explode if you run it no more then 10 secs at a time and diesel has lubricating property's so it wont ruin bearings and other important parts. oils just to thick and doesn't get in all the tiny nooks and crevices very well. i also save 1 gal of my old honda oil to re use if this happens. i usually do 1 oil flush then 2 diesel flushes and 1 more oil flush then i change it with all new stuff. i do not use a new filter for every flush its pointless its going to catch the dirt regardless. others will disagree like always but this has worked for me and a few others and i haven't had to do a rebuild yet because i missed some dirty water. good luck hope this helps
super ATV front disk brake conversion
27" zillas on OEM wheels
14% gear reduction
HMF ECO system exhaust
diamond plate bash plate and cv boot guards
Super-winch 2500lb
custom LED brake lights
fan switch mod
rear progressive 512 shocks
100w shark audio system
scottl1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl1346 View Post
iv done the diesel flush 3 times on my foreman never had any issues last time i drowned it was 2-1/2 yrs ago and its still going strong and doesn't smoke. i fill mine up with diesel run it for about 5 to 10 sec turn it off and drain. diesel has a high flash point it wont explode if you run it no more then 10 secs at a time and diesel has lubricating property's so it wont ruin bearings and other important parts. oils just to thick and doesn't get in all the tiny nooks and crevices very well. i also save 1 gal of my old honda oil to re use if this happens. i usually do 1 oil flush then 2 diesel flushes and 1 more oil flush then i change it with all new stuff. i do not use a new filter for every flush its pointless its going to catch the dirt regardless. others will disagree like always but this has worked for me and a few others and i haven't had to do a rebuild yet because i missed some dirty water. good luck hope this helps
couldnt have said it better scott, We've even done diesel flushes on 420ats with the auto/es and never had a problem.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl1346 View Post

I think that I will do the diesel flush before I ride it then, than. Anyone got any other ideas why it may of cut off....there was an half of inch of water at the most in the air box,which probably got in there because it took maybe 10 minutes to get the bike out of the water. Water was up to the bottom of the gas tank when it died.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement