Seriously Considering a New 2013 Rubicon... - Page 3 - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBonnie View Post
Yeah, and it has no low range or engine braking...
it has engin braking it just doesnt have as much as the rubi or foreman and as for the low gear the rincon will be getting updated in 2014 and it "might" have it. you will have to waite untill june - july ....
Hondaforeman.com stickers for sale .....pm me for details !
friend me on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/richard.chayer.5
i love (.)(.)s
rich450es is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Honda Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBonnie View Post
Yeah, and it has no low range or engine braking...
What are you gonna use it for? Bulldozing cedars? It's a upgraded foreman with IRS. You are dead set to get the IRS and the rincon has it, with a larger engine also. As for engine braking, it's not a good thing to begin with, causes wear on parts that don't normally wear, that's why they has brakes on these things too. I see no reason why you wouldn't consider the rincon, unless the price is too steep for you. That being said, my foreman rides just fine without IRS. So the choice is yours.
K&N air filter
Hopefully more mods to come...
LostForemanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Its not till about 8 mph the rincon starts freewheeling. So use the brakes. I feel you have more control using brakes. Maybe its just me but when desending steep hills,I keep it in a higher gear so ass end does not lock up. And as far as climbing up hill and riding over rock ledges,I think the torque converter does a great job.

2008 white Foreman,Moose thumb warmer,25 in Big Horns,Cycle Country cv. guards,and Cycle Country plow.

2005 Suzuki DR 650 Dual Sport.
shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostForemanRider View Post
What are you gonna use it for? Bulldozing cedars? It's a upgraded foreman with IRS. You are dead set to get the IRS and the rincon has it, with a larger engine also. As for engine braking, it's not a good thing to begin with, causes wear on parts that don't normally wear, that's why they has brakes on these things too. I see no reason why you wouldn't consider the rincon, unless the price is too steep for you. That being said, my foreman rides just fine without IRS. So the choice is yours.
I may just go ahead and get the Rubicon. The hunting club I just joined is mostly logging roads and moderate mud. Nothing that should scream "You need IRS!!!". Although there are over 200 miles of trails to ride (16,000 acre hunting club), so IRS might come in handy since I plan to ride hours upon hours upon hours there.

I've always admired the reputation of the Rubicon, although I have a friend who has a Foreman with power steering, and I like it as well. But I really want an auto tranny, so the Rubicon trumps the Foreman for my personal preferences.

I've just never been a big fan of the Rincon, although I respect it and realize that it has its niche in the ATV world. I'll give it another look, but I'll probably leave it in the showroom for a true trailriding person to buy.

Darn, if test riding ATVs was as easy as test driving cars, I'd be OK. I can test drive a $75,000 Corvette tomorrow at thousands of dealerships across the country. But if I go to a Honda or Yamaha dealership and ask to test drive an $8000 ATV, I get death looks.

Last edited by BillyBonnie; 02-17-2013 at 06:42 PM.
BillyBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Billy, in your last post you mention you want auto tranny,thats the one thing I dislike with Rincon,is the tranny in auto mode.I ride 99% of time in esp mode,because in auto,it seems like it cant decide what gear it wants to be in,and the shifts are kind of hard. Theres times I want to ride in auto cause Im being lazy,but I go right back to esp cause it drives me nuts.

2008 white Foreman,Moose thumb warmer,25 in Big Horns,Cycle Country cv. guards,and Cycle Country plow.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank View Post
Billy, in your last post you mention you want auto tranny,thats the one thing I dislike with Rincon,is the tranny in auto mode.I ride 99% of time in esp mode,because in auto,it seems like it cant decide what gear it wants to be in,and the shifts are kind of hard. Theres times I want to ride in auto cause Im being lazy,but I go right back to esp cause it drives me nuts.
Thanks Shank, but wouldn't the continuous variable nature of the Rubicon tranny mitigate the kind of behavior your referring to with the Rincon? If not, please forgive my ignorance. I'm trying to take in a bunch of info in a short amount of time...

Thanks for your reply Shank. I appreciate it, and the friendly nature of this web site.

Last edited by BillyBonnie; 02-17-2013 at 08:15 PM.
BillyBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #27 (permalink)
Honda Rider

I never rode a Rubicon,but what I have read about them you dont feel the shifts,more like a belt drive. Im sure somebody else will chime in on that.The Rincon is more like a car tranny with a shift kit,you feel every shift. I like the Rincon,just dont like auto mode.I keep kicking around the idea of trading my Foreman in on Rubicon just for the tranny.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Administrator

The Rubicon transmission is smooth.

07 475 Rancher ----- 95 300 Fourtrax -----88 300 Fourtrax
toodeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Honda Addict

If the Rubicon has a CVT, then the reason don't feel the shifts is because it never does. It just tightens and loosens the belt for what it needs. I didn't know that the rubicon had a CVT now...
K&N air filter
Hopefully more mods to come...
LostForemanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
Administrator

It's not belt drive, it's a hydrostatic unit.

07 475 Rancher ----- 95 300 Fourtrax -----88 300 Fourtrax
toodeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement