Honda Foreman Forums banner

Help with Gear Shift Splined Shaft

21K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  jeepwm69 
#1 ·
Hello, and thanks ahead of time for any help. I have a 2005 Foreman manual shift. The splined shaft for the foot shifter took a hit and the button on the end broke off inside the gearbox. The shaft slid out. I have bought a new splined shaft and oil seal. but have no idea how to proceed to replace it. I'm not much of a gear head but I can follow instructions ( rebuilt a 2006 ford powerstroke using a Chiltons manual and its running like a champ) Is it possible for me to replace this shaft in my shop with basic tools? and is there a Chiltons type manual for the foreman? Any help would be great. Thanks

#6 ·
Thanks, I just got back in from the shop. Got the swingarm separated and on blocks. Had to call it quits until saturday. Looks like I have easy access to the bolts on the rear cover. Any tricks I need to know before i go any further? Thanks again so much for the help!

#12 ·
#17 ·
Rich hasn't been on here in years. All the regulars are gone.

Everyone went to atvhonda.com, and there is a shop manual library availabe over there as well. Verticl Scope ruins forums. They ruined this one, and they do so to every forum they take over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.