Honda Foreman Forums banner

Foreman 1st gear

11K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  holdmybeerwt 
#1 ·
ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE FIRST GEAR SKIPING WHEN YOU FIRST PUT IT UNDER A LOAD. MINE DID SAME THING WENT TO HONDA SHOP TO ORDER FACTORY GEAR AND WAS GOING TO UNLOAD FOURWHEEELER BUT FOUND HONDA FINALLY MADE NEW FIRST GEAR IT DOES NOT HAVE TWO DIFFERENT SIZE TEETH ALL ARE SAME. SO HONDA FOUND OUT THERE WAS A PROBLEM AND FIXED HAVENT GOT IT TOGETHER YET TO SEE HOW IT WORKS WILL LET YAL KNOW:happy

#2 ·
How much did that cost from the shop? I'm curious to find out if it fixes the problem. I was going to sell my 05 after I get my ol 450 rebuilt just for this reason. During the summer months I do alot of towing and work in 1st gear. after 11 years of abuse my 450 tranny still looks like new inside.

#3 ·
Gear set comes together price is 64.97
part # 06234-hpo-306
depending on gaskets you need i replaced a couple seals and gaskets you might not need so far i have about 200 dollars into it.
Got a quote to have it done at honda for about $1200.
If you are mechanicaly inclined and take your time not too bad helps if you have service manual would advise you to have

#5 ·
only slippin mine does in first gear is spinnin the tires i hooked it to a hay wagon with four flat tires and honeysuckle grew all around it and spun like crazy in two wheel drive but i hit the 4x4 button and pulled it right out :)

#6 ·
I just had mine fixed for this issue. Costed $309 in parts. Paid $791 in labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Yeeouch!

New gear is about $50 from Honda East Toledo, figure new gasket sets. Of course if you do the MAW and replace timing chain while you're in there too you might have a $150 in parts.

They stick you on the labor for sure.

#9 ·
We with all the gaskets, the new gears, etc. it added up quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.