Honda Foreman Forums banner

Slipping out of gear

19K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  strider 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have spent a lot of time lurking on this site an have found a lot of good info. I recently was given a a '06 foreman 500s that looks to have been rode pretty hard. I has been snorkled, hmf, k&n filter, jet kit, lift, and 28" laws. The problem is at about 27-30 mph it seems like the transmission slips and it starts sputtering. Any help would be great

#3 ·
hey i have a 2007 500 forman and i have the same problem when i hit 4th and 5 th or 25 mph and up it slips out of gear bad and grinds till i slow right down again i tore all my electrical conectors apart and cleaned them all and die elictric greased all of them my buddy had the same proplem and that worked for him but not for me just wondered if you found a fix

#10 ·
Is it 1st gear your having problems with because there was a recal on the 05-07, or 08's having a bad 1st gear and it pops out of gear.

#13 ·
Thats sounds like a gear problem. First and third are the common ones but it can happen to any of them.

#15 ·
2015 foreman slipping out of low

My 2015 pops out of low when under load of a hill. Of course the rpm races and when they slow it chunks back into gear only to pop out again with any acceleration attempt. This has happened intermittently (about 50% of the time) and the local shop cannot duplicate and has asked me it it is perhaps the hook on the winch vibrating. (that was insulting) They deny any need for repair of evaluation and gave back to me untouched to 'further evaluate'. Being the initial series of losing gear and control is under load hence on a hill it makes a dangerous situation. Any documentation of other machines doing this in that I can show the dealer in order to repair or any know fixes. Thanks Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.