Honda Foreman Forums banner

Complete Electrical failure

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Majorpayne 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Honda Foreman 500, (electric shift, fuel injected, water cooled) with electrical problem. It went completely dead today. I checked all fuses and all were good. After I worked on it for about 30 minutes it started up, ran good for about 20 ft. and went dead again with the same problem. No instrument lights. no starter, no head lights, no nothing. I checked all fuses again and all were good. I checked the voltage at the input to the fuses with ignition on and all were 12.5 Volts except the 10 amp. ignition fuse which was 8.5 Volts.
I can find nothing to tell me if this is a norman reading or not.
When I say it is dead I mean it is dead. Nothing works.

I am 77 and very disabled. It is hard for me to work on my ATV so I'm hoping someone can tell me what is wrong Thanks, Dave

P.S. If you are using Ethanol Gas in your 4 wheeler it will damage Carburetors and fuel injector pumps. I learned the hard. Use only Ethanol Free gas.

#2 ·
well sorry your having issue's
MY suggestion is FIRST rule out the battery
take it have it tested under a load
LOCAL main line auto parts store will do this for free for you while you wait,(5 minutes or less)
as till you are 100% sure battery is GOOD and NOT just reading 12+ volts on a meter
your going NO where

IF after you test battery , battery REALLY is GOOD
I would be looking at the connection of the ECU and making sure its a solid connection

but start at the battery
you can also try swapping out to a KNOWN GOOD battery to see if that helps
these modern ATV's need GOOD STRONG battery's to run, if NOT they can have all sports of issue's like your saying!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.