Honda Foreman Forums banner

2014 Honda Foreman 500 overheating

8K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  ZDudas 
#1 ·
Coolant was full before I pull a pallet around a sandpit for about 15 minutes this weekend. Four wheeler was in 2nd gear 4x4 engaged and when I finish my coolant reservoir is boiling full of coolant and it eventually all poured out of the reservoir. Any ideas my fan never turned on, why would the fan not turn on? Any help thanks?

#2 ·
fan control unit could be bad, oil temp switch (if it has one) could be bad

pulling a pallet around is HARD work on a ATV, if your feeling resistance when dragging it, you motor is WORKING
odds are you over heated the cooling system and NO sensor turned the fan on, OR maybe your fan motor is dead ttoo?

get a service manual and do the test to see whats bad or not?

how clean is the rad? both SIDES too?
many wash one side and forget about the other and that makes em run hot!

#3 ·
What is the best way to go about washing the radiator? I have a 2500 PSI gas pressure washer. Should I strip the plastics off it and wash it that way? I have been sure that the radiator side facing the grill is really clean, don't know about the other side.

#4 · (Edited)
use low pressure to wash the rad. a garden hose and your thumb works best I find. the rad really should be removed to clean it properly the first time if its never been done. maintenance cleaning can be done in the bike. you want to be able to see daylight through all the fins. that 2500psi washer will destroy a rad.

#5 ·
I thoroughly washed the radiator today, sprayed aluminum cleaner all over it, rinsed with cool water from garden hose (3) times. Why would the fan not be turning on? I checked the 20amp fuse under the seat and replaced it even though it was not blown? What's next?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.