Honda Foreman Forums banner

No power

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Harley 
#1 ·
My 2001 500 starts great but can't get speed up over 20 kilometres need some suggestions on fixing I was wondering if it could be cam

#5 ·
Are you the original owner?
Reason I asked about if it rev's, or feels like its winding out in a low gear, is many guys add gear reductions to atv's today(honda's )
and that would explain why you have no speed to it.
so, ? Are you original owner?
When it rev's, does it feel like its just maxed out past its power point and is falling flat, by going past the point of useful power?
if so, again, could be due to it has a larger % gear reduction in it, made for folks that want to run large tires, to correct the gearing change that takes place when adding them, so a gear reduction is used to correct for tall tires and get gearing back closer to OEM.. BUT if you use OEM sized tires on it, it would be geared extremely low than, and explain no speed?

#6 ·
I'm guessing it's a automatic rubicon. If it seems to be running fine with no bogging or sputtering is it possible you're stuck in low? If the clutch was slipping it should still go faster than 15mph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.