Honda Foreman Forums banner

New 2015 Rubicon Owner

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DontCome2MyHouse 
#1 ·
Picked up a new 2015 Rubicon with the DCT and power steering.I haven't had the chance to take out, only around the neighborhood a few times. I really like it. I almost got the Can-Am Outlander, but went with this instead and I have no regrets. Added a Warn 2500 winch to it. I see that on the winch control attached to the handlebars there is a port to plug in a wired remote. Would this also be compatible for a wireless remote a friend was telling me about?

I will say that when in DCT mode it really lets you know when shifting, but I'll take it over a CVT any day. I think I prefer the "Manual" ESP mode a little more.

I plan to get storage for the rear and once these tires wear down upgrade to 26" or 27".

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful machine! The more I see the new rubicons, the more I like them.

For what it's worth, I've heard that the rough shifting gets better after break-in and a oil change. Some oils seem to make the automatics shift more smoothly. I'd try a quality, wet clutch safe synthetic and see if it helps. Either way, I agree that any Honda transmission operates better than a belt driven cvt.

#3 ·
I just got my 15 rubicon a few weeks ago and love it . I have already done a winch,27" tires,rear cargo box,fuel cans on back rack,gps mount, uni filter and waiting on my speakers and amp from sound storm lab. I can tell you that I only have 23 miles on mine and the shifting has already smoothed out a lot .

#5 ·
uni air filter is a air filter company, they make good air filters
the SLIGHT advantage over a OEM filter is thera little bigger and have more surface area to allow a SLIGHT amount of more air flow, , which can mean a LITTLE and I mean LITTLE More power
other wise you OEM filter is a fine air filter
I like to have two air filters, this way I can wash one and still drive atv while one is drying.
UNI filters are rather cheap to buy, so doing this isn't a big deal, and can go back and forth between filters thn??
the real key to any air filter is to just clean it as neded, be it once a week or once every 3 months, and oil it corectly too!
and your fine!

#9 ·
I also just picked up a new 2015 rubicon deluxe in white, swapped the stock tires out for new kenda executioners 26x10-12 front and 26x12-12 rear. I love the power steering, irs and the diff lock. Nicest machine ive ever owned, and im glad i didnt go with a can am. My only thing is im trying to upgrade the stock lights to led. The top pod is a 885 bulb, which i found a led replacement on ebay. The bottom 2 are close to an h10 but theres some big differences. Anyone know of a bulb that would be close?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.