Honda Foreman Forums banner

1st post

975 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  4MANS4EVER 
#1 ·
Hi ya'll, New to this forum. Have 07 forman es 500. Problems w/ tranny. Want to wait till I've read all previous posts before I ask for help. Only at page 150 so far.

#3 ·
bum shifter

Doesn't want to shift down. It will if I hit the button sometimes lots of times. Its like it doesn't have enough power to make the shift completely. Like a weak controller motor. I put a new one in, still same thing. Although It worked nicely for a couple days. Hear the same snap In up as well as down. Never any codes. Made several clutch adjustments. Always seams to be better for a day but right back to barely shifting down. Probably wishfull thinking. Ya know I've had 4 of these foreman es's over the past years and I never made a clutch adj. on a one of em. till this one. 8g miles and 1800 hrs on this one. I live on these machines practically. Had all sorts of other problems. Not this one. Been a mechanic all my life. Worked for factory Suzuki on motocross stuff. I'm thinking Pulse time from the ecm or a linkage adj. Got a manual. Well there it is men. I'll watch for yer ideas.

#4 ·
I have had some that gave no codes or anything and it ended up being the angle sensor. Others was the shift buttons themselves (some I got away with just cleaning and others needed replaced). Of course in the 150 pages you know this already.. lol Have you tried it manually just to rule out a mechanical problem?

#5 ·
Yes, sometimes its the only way to get back to neutral. Guys w/ stuck clutch adj. screw might try my fix -- a 2ft. pc. of 1/2' re rod - drill end w/1/4" drill bit to make a center- slip thru fan shroud In front after loosening jamb nut and give it a thunk w/hammer. Don't get carried away w/ hammer. Worked for me after 8 g miles & no adj.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.