Honda Foreman Forums banner

Torn between a Rincon and Rubicon

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  rubikyle 
#1 ·
I'm looking at replacing my Foreman with a Rincon or Rubicon. I like my Foreman but want an automatic. A small detail to cosider is that I pull my trailer in / out of my back yard with my Foreman to avoid leaving vehicle track in my front yard. The HOA frowns on that.... lol. It's safe to say that I exceed the recommended tongue weight when I do this. Dunno if that would be much of a factor between the two machines for the short distance from my curb to the gate.

Most of our riding is trail field stuff. Nothing too crazy but if a little mud presents itself, we're not afraid to get dirty.

#2 ·
Rubi will tow it better. But the rinny will get the job done as well.

#3 ·
Rubi has low range, pod light, stronger rear axle

Rincon has fuel injection, independent rear suspension, and more horsepower, but a three speed tranny that I personally don't like.

I'd get the Rubi all day. Plenty of power, put a perfex on to keep the stronger solid rear axle but get a better ride (still won't ride like IRS), earier to tinker on, and plenty of power

#5 ·
rincon would be my vote, i want one bad

#6 ·
If ur wife wants a foreman keep urs for her then buy yourself the rincon. Then you can pull the trailer out with the foreman then ride the rincon on the trail. If you sell the foreman then get the rubi since you'll need something to pull the trailer with

#7 ·
Yea... I need to update that. She is now on an 07 Rincon. I like it but it does look to be a pain to work on in some areas. I'm perfectly happy with the power of the foreman and it's pretty easy to work on. I'm leaning toward the Rubicon. Thanks

#8 ·
Thanks to all!!

#9 ·
I'd buy a Rubi over a Rincon all day. Better transmission, solid rear axle, and pod light are enough to make the decision.

If you want a toy to go fast on trails, then yeah, get the Rincon. For any kind of work, Rubi.

#10 ·
I'd buy a Rubi over a Rincon all day. Better transmission, solid rear axle, and pod light are enough to make the decision.

If you want a toy to go fast on trails, then yeah, get the Rincon. For any kind of work, Rubi.
Thanks. I think it's gonna be a rubi. Just gotta find a good 07 or 08, now.

#11 ·
Rubi's are built for work first, play second. Rincon's are built for trails. Every now and again when I'm trail riding with guys that are on 700's and other bigger machines with IRS & EFI I wish I had a Rincon to keep up and ride a little better, but then I go back to plowing snow, pulling logs out of the bush, climbing steep embankments, hauling oversized trailer loads and generally just puttering around the acreage I know I made the right choice with my Rubi. Depends if you do more work or trail riding I suppose. Either machine you probably wont go wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.