Seafoam - Page 2 - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

I've been using it for years as well. Ever since the Amish guy that owned the engine shop where I bought my Honda EU 2000 generator recommended it. Cures alot of rough idling,missing,etc.. No carb troubles out of anything I have. Same as Rich, I run a little more when something has been sitting.
2012 Polaris 400(wife's)
2009 Yamaha 450 Grizzly(son's)
DogRunner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

for anyone wanting to read more....

Homebrew Sea Foam (SeaFoam) Motor Treatment Recipe
Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

My Foreman backfires when I let off the throttle when riding and it was getting annoying so yesterday I Seafoamed my engine/carb and took it for a quick spin.

I rode it up and down the street and in the driveway, giving it lots of throttle then letting off to see if the backpressure would make it backfire and surprisingly, it didn't.

It had been doing this for a few years so hopefully this fixed it but the true test will come on Saturday. Crossing my fingers.

2009 Honda RancherAT 420 with EPS, IRS, disc brakes, and Traxlox. Mudlites, Kolpin cargo box, Moose hot grips, AP boot guards, Warn 2.5Ci winch, sra gear reduction.

Last edited by AkATVHunter; 07-22-2013 at 03:05 PM.
AkATVHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Honda Addict

Seafoam made a believer out of me about three years ago on my 2001 Rancher, I would go for a ride and then park it in the shop fuel shut "off" and in a few minutes later I'd be smelling gas strong, turn around and look and there would be gas leaking all over the shop floor underneath the fourwheeler. The float in the carb was stickiing and it was leaking out the overflow.

A co-worker/friend that works on his son racing fourwheeler suggested that I try Seafoam first before a carb rebuild, 1 ounce Seafoam per gallon of gas, so I did and it fixed the leaking gas problem and it has never leaked gas again until I sold the Rancher about 3 weeks ago. He also suggested "if" your not riding your fourwheeler pretty often to use only super unleaded gas and some seafoam to help keep it from gumming up the carb. This gas we get these days is crappy.

Tony
OEM Wheels and tires off 2013 Honda Rincon

2005 Suzuki Eiger 4x4 LT-A400/F
UNI Air Filter
Swamp Witch Tires
CE/RC Winch 3000

2001 Honda Rancher 2wd TRX350TM (Sold)

Tony T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

I use seafoam regularlly in all my small engine stuff and annually in the car & truck. It cleans, removes water and stabilizes fuel (and more, but these are the 3 most improtant to me). Since I've started doing this I've never had to clean a carb. I use it every second time using the machine (ATV, snowblower, lawnmower, snowmobile) and the last time I use it before storage. Sometimes I mix it pretty strong, I dont think you can use too much.

As a test, a freind had a honda 3500 watt generator that sat for 4 years. It started after awhile and ran horribly. We drained the fuel and the carb, using a syringe, filled the carb with seafoam through the gas line and let it sit overnight. The next day we drained the carb and added fresh fuel to the tank, mixed very strong with seafoam. the generator started easy and after 15 minuites of running it ran perfectly. It was only a test, but I was pretty surprised!!!

Great product.
action450s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement