Honda Foreman Forums banner

02 foreman choke/idling issue

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rich450es 
#1 ·
i am brand new to this forum so please take it easy on the newbie B). i have a 02 foreman 450m. it sat for about two years bc of my procrastination to get a new battery. well i got the new bat installed and tried to crank it. no go, not to my suprise. i drained and cleaned fuel tank, and line to carb. took carb off and took everything i possibly could off of it and cleaned with carb cleaner. even cleaned all of the rubber "vacuum" (i guess) lines that attach to carb and put back on. she cranks fine on choke and runs at a higher choppier, idle while still on choke. as soon as i turn choke lever off it wont idle for anything. instantly dies like turning key off. i took choke cable loose from carb and plugged threaded hole with my finger, and she idles just like the day i got her. full throttle response and all. the second i screw choke assembly back into carb it will not idle in "choke off" position. i checked to make sure the choke cable was moving freely and it will move the end assembly about a half an inch. i have no idea where to go from here, and any ideas will help. i looked at the links about carb cleaning, and i may try that tommorow. thanks in advance. dc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.