Honda Foreman Forums banner

4 wheel drive blinks 2 times?

4K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  toodeep 
#1 ·
my 4 wheel drive blinks 2 times when i go over 12 or 13 mph just started today i tihnk when i hit a log kinda hard going around a corner but nothing happend! anyone have any ides i took everything apart everything looks good no corrosion on any wires

#3 ·
i got 10v when i tested for battery voltage i dont know if i did it right or if i understand that!?

#4 ·
i figured out when i disconnect the speed sensor it doesnt blink what should i do is that the prob or could it be something else??

#5 ·
Your battery should have 12-13 volts. Test the charging system, start the machine with the tester hooked to the battery and read the volts. With about 1/2 throttle it should be at 13-14 volts. The voltage should raise when the rpm is raised.

#6 ·
yah i did that and it does

#7 ·
i also tested the black/orange green wire and i get 10v

#8 ·
When testing it are you using the green wire as the ground? If yes try testing it by using the motor or battery as ground and see what the voltage is. The black/orange wire goes from the speed sensor to the 4x4 control unit but the ground ties into many different components and could be giving the low reading.

#9 ·
doesnt mater what way i try it i still get 10.1v is there anyway to tell if the computer is bad

#10 ·
is there anyway to test the sensors?

#11 ·
i fixed my problem it was the final clutch speed sensor i ordered both sensors off ebay for 50 bucks its working great again! thanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.