rear not pulling - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Default rear not pulling

I have a 2000 foreman 450 es the rear end is not pulling. What do i need to check first was working fine about a week ago now the bike is front wheel drive only.
2slow1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

could be a stripped rear axle/ring gear or busted rear u-joint.

Pull the oil filler plug on the rear diff, put the bike in gear and see if the ring gear is rotating. you will need to jack up the bike so it want move and get someone to give it alittle throttle while you watch the ring gear in the diff.

On the ujoint you can loosen one of the clamps on the boot and slide it off of the rear out put going to the swing arm. Do the same as above to make sure it is rotating.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Default front wheel drive

if its making a bunch of noise its probly a u joint, if not probly striped the splines on the axle foremans are bad about the bearing on the left side axle tube going out ,when this happens the axle tends to wear the splines down to nothing, a good way to check the bearing is watch inbetween the axle tube and hub while uyou kick the tire, it should be firm and not move, if it is the axle it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the splines in the ring gear
98 foreman 542, stroker crank, je big bore,web cam,3 angle valve job port & polish head & carb,dk clutches,clutch kit,locker,29.5x10 outlaws,black itp wheels,full skid plate,tag handle bars,hmf pipe,dynojet kit,nos with custom built micro switch in throttle,nos purge kit,profire coil,biger oil cooler relocated with eletric fan,dual 2'' snorkel,lift springs,gorilla axles front,durablue hd axle in back,shaved hitch on rearend,completly built by me through trial & era and a lot of $$$$$
542stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Honda Addict

Send a message via AIM to trail_shredder_crf

hey that sounds like wut just happend with mine ... i took mine apart and i thought i had stripped the splines on the axle but i didnt so i looked at the hubs and the splines inside both of my rear hubs were stripped if i were u id check urs
Port and Polished heads
HMF Exhaust
Dyno Jet
Bi/Tri Claw Tires
ITP Black LTD Type 7 Rims
Pro Grips
2" Snorkel
HL Pull-Start Leak Shield
HL 2in Lift Kit
HL Bash Plate
HL Axle Guards
Rerouted Vent Lines
Reverse Mod
Stock Decals Removed
MUD MAFIA

<a href="http://youtube.com/profile?user=trailshredder" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/profile?user=trailshredder</a>
trail_shredder_crf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement