replacing the stator in 99 Foreman 450ES - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Default replacing the stator in 99 Foreman 450ES

How much labour time does it take a Honda dealer to replace the stator in this machine.Can this be repaired yourself or do you need special tools
dp3616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

the only special tool needed is a flywheel puller, the rest is just basic hand tools. it is alittle time consuming, because of where it is located. in the rear of the engine. I have no ideal on time, if I had to guess I would say 2-3 hrs. Have you had the stator tested?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

The stator went bad in my bike and a new one is PRICEY!
I found: rickystator.com and they helped me out a lot. Actually, I believe they are the one's that hooked me up with a guy in Alabama at "Custom Rewind" and he fixed me right up and was super nice-- their number is 800-798-7282 - www.customrewind.com. If you find that the stator is bad, check them out.
Warn Winch
Snorkled

03 Polaris 700 (almost a "rat bike")
no lift
27" Outlaws
ForeWOMAN450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Honda Addict

Default stator

interesting how do you test the stator ? my sons recon stoped running and no fire is coming from the plug .. bought a new cdi box wasnt it , checked the selenoid wasnt it , checked the one fuse in the back wasnt it , what could the problem be ?? this one has really stumped me !!! i need help on how test and find out why this recon is getting no fire !!! i know this is a foreman 450 forum but i posted it in the recon section and no replies .... help help and more help PLEASE >.... THANKS GUYS //..
trigger_time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Honda Rider

How about your regulator? It could be dead.It should be on the frame over your rear wheel,brake side. Just a wild guess I am far from a pro.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

QUOTE ("bubba":wnlcrktj)
Quote:
How about your regulator? It could be dead.It should be on the frame over your rear wheel,brake side. Just a wild guess I am far from a pro.
Yes, my regulator was bad too. You should definitely check that and it's easy to get too. There is a way to check it but you will have to get your manual and see how to do it.
Warn Winch
Snorkled

03 Polaris 700 (almost a "rat bike")
no lift
27" Outlaws
ForeWOMAN450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Honda Addict

Default Re: stator

QUOTE ("trigger_time")
Quote:
interesting how do you test the stator ? my sons recon stoped running and no fire is coming from the plug .. bought a new cdi box wasnt it , checked the selenoid wasnt it , checked the one fuse in the back wasnt it , what could the problem be ?? this one has really stumped me !!! i need help on how test and find out why this recon is getting no fire !!! i know this is a foreman 450 forum but i posted it in the recon section and no replies .... help help and more help PLEASE >.... THANKS GUYS //..
My standard answer is "Invest the $50 in the Honda shop manual." it has all the test procedures for every thing on the machine, and very good trouble shooting in a logical step by step order. In the long run it is a lot cheaper and easier than changing expensive electrical parts.
Advertisement