WATER IN MY OIL HELP!!!!!! - Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum
Honda Foreman Forums : Rubicon, Rincon, Rancher and Recon Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Default WATER IN MY OIL HELP!!!!!!

What is the process of getting water out of my oil? I spent a day playing in water and somehow I got water in my oil. I will look for the entrance point but first I need to get the water out....Someone tell me how to flush it out....
little_ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

first thing is buy some cheap oil and a few oilfilters. drain as much out as possible on each change, refill with cheap oil and change filter, two quarts will be enough per change to flush with. some people reuse the filters, its fine but need to be cleaned good before reusing them. let the bike at least get warm before draining. drain and replace filter. repeat this untill no water is visible. Depending on how much water got in will depend on the number of changes needed.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Honda Rider

I was told that I could use diesel fuel and flush it with just one treatment. I am a little weary to put diesel fuel in my foreman. What are your thoughts on this? You also said some people reuse filters how do you clean them once you flush the oil? Thanks for the help.....
Moose 2500 winch
oxlite guards
Higlifter BBK
Port and polished
decked head
jet kit
little_ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Honda Red Wing Rider

I myself wouldn't use diesel to flush the engine, alot of people use it. But diesel will damage and make some rubber seals expand causing problems down the road. I use gas to clean and flush out old filters just for temporary use.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Honda Rider

diesel might work, it absorbs water and will combust with a spark...but it will smoke like crazy and i dont know if your carb will handle the diesel...i have no experience with carburated diesel, only fuel injected so im not even sure its possible, but whatever you do, dont be like my dumb friend that put tranny fluid in his bottom end to "flush"....fried everything that needs lubrication. if you snorkled and vented correctly try checking your pull start for a leak...i took mine off, i was surprised how much sand and dirt was in there...i just took it off...rtv'd it and put it back on....no more problems....if you dont use your pull start, cut the cord and plug the hole there too.
Nitrous (Mini Shot For Bogging)
Snorkle
ITP 589's/Aluminum Rims
2500lb Winch
Moose Skids
Custom A-Arm Guards
Rack Bag
Car Stereo W/ Speakers (Trails Only)
xdescrubx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Honda Rider

diesel might work, it absorbs water and will combust with a spark...but it will smoke like crazy and i dont know if your carb will handle the diesel...i have no experience with carburated diesel, only fuel injected so im not even sure its possible, but whatever you do, dont be like my dumb friend that put tranny fluid in his bottom end to "flush"....fried everything that needs lubrication. if you snorkled and vented correctly try checking your pull start for a leak...i took mine off, i was surprised how much sand and dirt was in there...i just took it off...rtv'd it and put it back on....no more problems....if you dont use your pull start, cut the cord and plug the hole there too.
Snorkle
ITP 589's/Aluminum Rims
2500lb Winch
Moose Skids
Custom A-Arm Guards
Rack Bag
Old 10-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Honda Addict

he doesnt mean putting it in the gas he means putting it in the oil and yes it does work put about 2 1/2 quarts of diesel fuel in the motor and start it let it run for 7, 8 seconds and cut it off drain the diesel over night and when you go out in the mornin fill it full of oil and ride it like you stole it
04 Honda 450 foreman, K&N filter, Hmf pipe, .20 over, wiseco hi comp. piston, port and polished, perfex lift kit, lift springs, heat fighter kit, motorsport alloy climax rims, 28'' gators, line-x racks, quadboss rear bumper, aluminum products cv guards, bash plate and bottom skid plate,custom snorkel, Venom 3000lb. winch, high-lifter disc brakes, detroit gearless locker, some flotation devices(haha basketballs) and soon have 30'' mud-lites, and oil cooler modification.
big4fifty4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Honda Rider

oh my bad, didnt even think about putting it in the oil...seems like it would work, just remeber your thining the oil and if your rings are old this might fry them....always be careful when mixing things in your oil (no tranny fluid).
Snorkle
ITP 589's/Aluminum Rims
2500lb Winch
Moose Skids
Custom A-Arm Guards
Rack Bag
Old 10-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Honda Addict

your only running it for 7-8 seconds it not really going to run long enough to fry rings (not enough heat)
04 Honda 450 foreman, K&N filter, Hmf pipe, .20 over, wiseco hi comp. piston, port and polished, perfex lift kit, lift springs, heat fighter kit, motorsport alloy climax rims, 28'' gators, line-x racks, quadboss rear bumper, aluminum products cv guards, bash plate and bottom skid plate,custom snorkel, Venom 3000lb. winch, high-lifter disc brakes, detroit gearless locker, some flotation devices(haha basketballs) and soon have 30'' mud-lites, and oil cooler modification.
big4fifty4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Honda Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to OneBadBia

Thank god i have never been though this situation (knock on wood) but i have always been told not to run the bike what so ever with the diesel fuel in it. A buddy of mine sunk his and he used diesel but just put it in and drained it right back out.
Advertisement